Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Auto-focus on E3

Originally posted by mronen View Post
    To all people who use LV a lot, do you encounter the 'High temperature warning' often?

In my experience, I get this warning after 20-30 minutes. To avoid it, I switch LV off whenever possible. This, of course, increases the number of 'mirror dances'. I use only ISO 100 with LV.

Moshe
    I don't think I've come across this, and I use LV a lot (especially indoors), sometimes at higher ISOs. Where is this warning? perhaps I've just missed it.

Rens

Comment

I don't use LV often, but that is an irrirating problem. The fact is when it happens it is enough to switch off/on the camera and everything is fine. No time for cooling is given, so the sensor or the electronics can not be cooler than before and still, no more warning. I think it is a bug, not a temperature aler. When I use LV, the display is twisted out of the body, so it is not the display.

Comment

Originally posted by Rens View Post
        I don't think I've come across this, and I use LV a lot (especially indoors), sometimes at higher ISOs. Where is this warning? perhaps I've just missed it.

Rens
        You can't miss it, the LCD turns black and the warning is in large red letters!

When it happens, I switch off and wait some time before I turn it back on. I didn't try to switch it on immediately.

EXIF info (with ExifTool), line 367 gives 'Sensor temperature'. The number is normally between 500 and 600. When the warning comes on it's about 250.

Moshe

Comment

Working...
        X