Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

E3 pix with new firmware.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3 pix with new firmware.

Copied this link of Brian Mosley's on dpvriew.

http://www.biofos.com/esystem/e_3ult.html

Regards. Barr1e
    Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Re: E3 pix with new firmware.

Noise performance: who decided this should be such a high profile consideration in lab based reviews? Canon? I wonder why? The E-3 is an excellent performer, but if you need to shoot predominantly low light, be prepared for fine grained noise

Im a little concerned about the noise issue I hope they have atlered this after all they only tested the Pre-Production unit.

as most of my photography is low-light ISO 800 upwards this concerns me a bit.

I hope I wont be let down with the image quality after spending all that money !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vokesie View Post
      Noise performance: who decided this should be such a high profile consideration in lab based reviews? Canon? I wonder why? The E-3 is an excellent performer, but if you need to shoot predominantly low light, be prepared for fine grained noise

Im a little concerned about the noise issue I hope they have atlered this after all they only tested the Pre-Production unit.

I hope I wont be let down with the image quality after spending all that money !!
      You and me both m8t

Comment

Have a look here, you can compare image samlpes from different cameras side by side.

In my opinion the E-3 is about 1.5-2 stops worse that a Canon 1D mk3, at maximum iso, maybe less. Remember the E-3 has IS which should be worth at least 3stops.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM
        In theory there's no difference between theory and practice but in practice there is.

Comment

Working...
        X