exposure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exposure

Now I'm getting to grips with my newly aquired E1, I think that with standard settings the exposure is a tad over exposed.
    I thought I'd read somewhere several people saying their default is a 1/3EV under
    Can anyone comment?

I'm shooting RAW but for various computer issues I can't currently use Elements (of which I'm a beginner) so am just storing shots for later manipulation.
    As a general rule of the thumb is it best to be slightly over rather than underexpose?
    E1, E520, ED14-42, ED 40-150, 70-300, Various legacy including 50mm f2 macro.

Re: exposure

Can't say my E-1 routinely needs compensation (unlike the E620 which I give +1/2 EV).

In general I would push the histogram up if you can ("over" expose a bit) but not so much that the highlights can't be recovered.

Pete
    Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

Are you using ESP?Always found centre weighted better on the E1(and all my other E system cameras).

Hope this helps.
      All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by andym View Post
        Are you using ESP?Always found centre weighted better on the E1(and all my other E system cameras).

Hope this helps.
        Yes I'm doing that - based on your advice elsewhere I think
        E1, E520, ED14-42, ED 40-150, 70-300, Various legacy including 50mm f2 macro.

Comment

I think in general mine is underexposing by 1 stop ...to ensure the highlights are not clipped...must experiment a bit...I am using ESP and finding little real difference from centre weighted
          chris
          shetland

Comment

Working...
          X