EXIF data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXIF data

At some point - no doubt during one of my frequent security sweeps - I may have disabled the EXIF facility - either on my E-1 or in Windows (Vista). Some of my files show EXIF data using Opanda and others simply show a dialogue box saying No EXIF data available for this file. EXIF data does show for our little Kodak digicam.

I've hunted around the E-1 manual, the E-1 and online but can't seem to find the location where I can turn ON all EXIF data.

Any wise heads give me some advice please?

Re: EXIF data

Have you checked the settings in your RAW developer and any post processing software

Nick
    Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
    www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by E-1 fan View Post
      At some point - no doubt during one of my frequent security sweeps - I may have disabled the EXIF facility - either on my E-1 or in Windows (Vista). Some of my files show EXIF data using Opanda and others simply show a dialogue box saying No EXIF data available for this file. EXIF data does show for our little Kodak digicam.

I've hunted around the E-1 manual, the E-1 and online but can't seem to find the location where I can turn ON all EXIF data.

Any wise heads give me some advice please?
      Are you taking Raw or JPEG??What program are you using to look at the images???.Quite a lot of software will not show EXIF for raw files.
      All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Comment

I'm usually shooting SHQ jpeg. I use Opanda as the EXIF viewer. Normnal practice is the right click - show EXIF method. This works for all of our Kodak jpgs, some of my E-1 pics- but not all.

I have a vague memory of disabling certain info in picture files - either in Windows or in the E-1 about 6 months ago - but for the life of me I can't remember the where, how or what!!

The RAW files will probably all be ok.

What actually controls whether or not EXIF data is picked up - the camera or Windows?

If the worst comes to the wost I'll just need to shoot RAW all the time - but I'd like to know how to rectify what I've set/unset as a matter of principle.

I think I'll have a look in Opanda as well to see if there are any clues there

Comment

Hi
          I far as I know EXIF is always recorded by the camera,I cannot think why you would ever want to disable it.
          You could also try another veiwer,IRFANVIEW is very good and is free.Picasa is not bad either.
          I do not know Vista as I am runnig XP.
          All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Comment

Yep - I think I disabled it as a 'security measure' - daft or what - but totally in keeping from the dude who has wireless but refuses to use it!

I'll keep looking and pop back if I find anything.

Who knows someone else might do an equally daft thing in the future and appreciate any input!

Comment

Originally posted by andym View Post
              Hi
              I far as I know EXIF is always recorded by the camera,I cannot think why you would ever want to disable it.
              You could also try another veiwer,IRFANVIEW is very good and is free.Picasa is not bad either.
              I do not know Vista as I am runnig XP.
              Hi Andy, does Irfanview manage RAW files? I found Photoshop can't suss .ORFs so a handy conversion prog would help. I used to have Irfan but not recently.
              I've noticed some of mine seem to have full EXIF data, and others, shot in the same camera, E-1, and without anything changed seem only to have a basic listing, with not even the camera identified. I'd assumed I did something in Photoshop... so perhaps it's nothing to do with the camera?
              http://www.oneworldnet.co.uk/Photography

Comment

I haven't the faintest notion where your exif data has gone sorry, I am just jumping in here because you said photoshop can't suss orf.s.. it sure can, you are probably a few updates behind on your Adobe Camera Raw, ACR updates are free downloads from the Adobe website. unless adobe just never did support the E-1 in which case I don't know what I am talking about and just ignore me

Comment

Working...
                X