Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Using the L-fn button on the 12-50mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Using the L-fn button on the 12-50mm

Hi there everyone!

I don't suppose anyone knows if you can use the lens function button on the 12-50mm lens with the E-PL3? I have tried looking in the dial/button menu but even with the lens attached there is no mention of it. I'd like to be able to use it to toggle between AF and MF without changing my grip at all, for those times when the AF is struggling, or for macro.

Cheers,

Ralph.

Re: Using the L-fn button on the 12-50mm

From memory I don't think you can with that model camera. Unless it shows in the Menu for button programming then it won't be available.
    Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Hi there Ross!

There isn't a mention of it in the dials / buttons menu - I'm not sure which firmware version it is running, but is it possible that a later version of the firmware might have had it added?

Cheers,

Ralph.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Harwood View Post
        Hi there Ross!

There isn't a mention of it in the dials / buttons menu - I'm not sure which firmware version it is running, but is it possible that a later version of the firmware might have had it added?

Cheers,

Ralph.
        I've checked the updates for the E-PL3 & it doesn't list it. I don't believe you get the use of that Fn button on the lens with that model camera (but I could be wrong).
        Ross
        I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
        Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
        Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
        Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
        Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Hi there Ross!

Thanks for all your help. I think that olympus aren't expecting many people to use that combination of lens and camera, so haven't updated the firmware to cover the lens function button.

Oh well, I'll have to think of a different button I can use.

Cheers,

Ralph.

Comment

Working...
          X