Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

What do these letters mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do these letters mean?

I'm finally going to full fill my long held wish to buy a PEN F - Yeh!
    However checking out the various selling website I noticed some PEN Fs have the letters ZF and others XK. What is this all about?
    Paul

Re: What do these letters mean?

Originally posted by Paul19 View Post
    However checking out the various selling website I noticed some PEN Fs have the letters ZF and others XK. What is this all about?
    I'm not sure, but iy could be to do with the colour. Black or silver.
    Stewart

My Zenfolio Site
    My Portfolio Site

Olympus: E-M1 Mk11 | PEN-F + ECG-4 | XZ-1 | Lumix: G9 | LX100
    Zuiko: 40-150 Pro + MC-14 | 12-100 Pro | 7-14 Pro | 17 | 45 | 60 | OM 135
    Leica: 100-400 | 12-60 Lumix: 12-32 Samyang: 7.5 fisheye

Comment

Don't wish to be discouraging but hasn't the Pen-F just been classed as discontinued.

I do presume however that, if that is the case and you really want one, prices should be dropping soon and you should get a bargain if you wait a little while.

Comment

The pen-F is a cracking camera. I can actually see the prices climbing over the coming months as stocks dry up. Seriuosly thinking of buying a second body, to keep as a spare for the future as there isnt an Mk2 coming.
        Paul

Comment

Before looking it up, I'm going to guess ZF is Silver & XK is Black. Now I'll do some research.
          Ross
          I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
          Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
          Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
          Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
          Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

The best new price in Australia that I can see comes from DigiDirect with limited stock of Silver models & Black in stock.

Ross
            Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Keith-369;479010]Don't wish to be discouraging but hasn't the Pen-F just been classed as discontinued.

It's because of that very reason I have finally made the move.
              Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
                Before looking it up, I'm going to guess ZF is Silver & XK is Black. Now I'll do some research.
                Thanks - Seems these letters appear only on ads from Hong Kong (in ebay), don't seem to be related to the colour.
                Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Westy View Post
                  The pen-F is a cracking camera. I can actually see the prices climbing over the coming months as stocks dry up. Seriously thinking of buying a second body, to keep as a spare for the future as there isnt an Mk2 coming.
                  Fully agree, I've been following the second hand market for some time now. These only appear occasionally and the prices aren't much below the lowest new price.
                  Paul

Comment

[quote=Paul19;479100]
                    Originally posted by Keith-369 View Post
                    Don't wish to be discouraging but hasn't the Pen-F just been classed as discontinued.

It's because of that very reason I have finally made the move.
                    As long as you knew, that's all that matters.
                    I hope you get a great price and that you will have years of fun with it.

Comment

Ross the Fiddler, "The best new price in Australia that I can see comes from DigiDirect with limited stock of Silver models and Black in stock."
                      Thank you Ross. Yes I went with them - having fun!
                      Paul

Comment

Ross the Fiddler, "The best new price in Australia that I can see comes from DigiDirect with limited stock of Silver models and Black in stock."
                        Thank you Ross. Yes I went with them - having fun!
                        Half ya luck! I can only dream (for an E-M1X though).
                        Ross

Comment

Working...
                        X