• Show
Clear All

• Pen F sensor clean

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Re: Pen F sensor clean

Swab or two and a drop of Eclipse is all you need.
      Learnt to clean a sensor when I had a Canon 5D, would have cost a fortune otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by Tram View Post
        Swab or two and a drop of Eclipse is all you need.
        Learnt to clean a sensor when I had a Canon 5D, would have cost a fortune otherwise

I don`t doubt it but not courageous enough!

Tim

Comment

Question, The Olympus cameras have this SSWF (Super Sonic Wave Filter) that's suppose to get most of the dust off but occasionally there are some stubborn stuff that won't come off.

We are always careful to users to send it in to the experts and there are great sensor clean stuff in the market.

From what I understand, there is that SSWF in front of the sensor, what we are cleaning is that membrane and not the actual sensor. What would go wrong if we are careful enough not to puncture that membrane? Or in worst case, dissolve it with come cleaning solution.

So what else can actually go wrong that it's better sending it back to the service center?
          * Henry
          * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

Originally posted by blu-by-u View Post
            Question, The Olympus cameras have this SSWF (Super Sonic Wave Filter) that's suppose to get most of the dust off but occasionally there are some stubborn stuff that won't come off.

We are always careful to users to send it in to the experts and there are great sensor clean stuff in the market.

From what I understand, there is that SSWF in front of the sensor, what we are cleaning is that membrane and not the actual sensor. What would go wrong if we are careful enough not to puncture that membrane? Or in worst case, dissolve it with come cleaning solution.

So what else can actually go wrong that it's better sending it back to the service center?
            If you don't go like a lunatic you are very unlikely to do any damage.
            They clean them in exactly the same way, no other method will clean anything stubborn.
            Wipe one way with a correct sized swab and a drop of fluid. Turn the swab over and go back in the other direction.
            Check and if needed repeat, all my cameras have been cleaned that way and never had a problem.

Comment

I've cleaned the sensors myself many times on all my Olympus cameras and never had a problem. I use Eclipse SensorSwabs (APSC size - they fit sideways across the m43 sensor) and Eclipse 2 fluid.
              Paul
              E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
              flickr
              Portfolio Site
              Instagram

Comment

Working...
              X