Availability of Pen-F grip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Availability of Pen-F grip?

I've yet to have my first real outing with the new Pen-F (scheduled for this coming weekend), but have already decided that as with my EM-10, it will probably handle better with the appropriate grip.

Is such a thing currently available? Is it heck!

I can't find an online dealer in the UK with the ECG-4 in stock, and most have no clue when they may get it.

C'mon Oly!! You put out a fabulous camera .. doesn't it occur that people will perhaps also want the grip to match? WHERE ARE THEY?! ... ... Not to be found. Not even in the online Oly Store... ...

Still, at least there's an email alert, for when it does become available there, unlike other online sources.

Sigh. They tell me patience is a virtue.

I was never virtuous!!
    Margaret

my Website ; my Flickr ; my Facebook

Re: Availability of Pen-F grip?

Now, now; Bit like the DR66 Olympus seem to be slow with follow up parts?
    Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

I got mine from Amazon uk. They are still advertising them.

It is a nice item and handles well but does add a surprising amount of weight to the camera. It is very helpful if you want yo use a tripod. I like it.
      Archie

Comment

Managed to get mine at the time of buying. Have you tried LCE

Comment

I just did an ebay search & here is a very enterprising crook in Japan. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OFFICIAL-...8AAOSwPc9W0gfB They want US $157.99

I hope you find one OK & soon.
          Ross
          I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
          Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
          Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
          Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
          Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by ayewing View Post
            I got mine from Amazon uk. They are still advertising them.
            Yes, they're still advertising them, but the delivery was "one to three months"

Amazon.de does have them available, with about a week's delivery; I was considering that, but I got an alert today from Oly that their online store now has the grip available ..... in the 9hr since I last checked! Where was it yesterday evening, and howcum it appeared before 6am?!

Anyway, I've waited this long - presumably the camera stores will be getting them in soon if they're back in stock at Oly. It's just when you want that new toy, you want it NOW!
            Margaret

Comment

When the E-M5 launched, it was the first body to use a new battery (the BLN-1 I think). What's the first accessory you want with a new body? A spare battery. Can I have a spare battery please? Not a chance! If memory serves it took a month or more for spares to appear.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Bikie John View Post
                When the E-M5 launched, it was the first body to use a new battery (the BLN-1 I think). What's the first accessory you want with a new body? A spare battery. Can I have a spare battery please? Not a chance! If memory serves it took a month or more for spares to appear.

John
                Yes, I remember like everyone else having to buy 2nd rate after-market batteries, just to have a spare. At least they were available.
                Ross
                I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Bikie John View Post

John

I know it's slightly off topic but at least the pen takes the same as the em1. I was pleasantly surprised to see at least I can share batts between the two..

Comment

Just to update my moan about this grip ... ... I finally got one, having to go through the Olympus online store, as there still seem to be no UK vendors with any in stock.

The grip was dispatched from Germany, which seems to reinforce the view that there's a dearth in the UK. Strange. One would think that with all the hoo-hah around the camera, they'd at least ensure that the relevant accessories were also available.

Probably too busy selling wooden shutter knobs and 'dress up' kits to the dilettanti ...
                    Margaret

Comment

Working...
                    X