E-P5 Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-P5 Questions.

1) Does anyone use the touch screen to fire the shutter? I'm thinking of disabling it as I keep touching it accidentally and taking random images.

2) Does anyone know what Olympus were thinking of when they buried activating the SCP deep in the menu system? It's the most useful menu item.

3) What's the difference between the E-P? and the E-PL? series?

4) Why did Olympus stop at the E-P5, but continue with the E-PL? series?

Jim

Re: E-P5 Questions.

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
    1) Does anyone use the touch screen to fire the shutter? I'm thinking of disabling it as I keep touching it accidentally and taking random images.

2) Does anyone know what Olympus were thinking of when they buried activating the SCP deep in the menu system? It's the most useful menu item.

3) What's the difference between the E-P? and the E-PL? series?

4) Why did Olympus stop at the E-P5, but continue with the E-PL? series?

Jim

Comment

100% agree!
      Paul
      E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
      flickr
      Portfolio Site
      Instagram

Comment

1 - on my E-PL5 and E-M10 I use it frequently. I tend to use it to choose the focus point and then use the shutter but when things are moving fast then press to focus and shoot is very useful eps. if you set the camera to only fire the shutter when it has achieved focus.
        It's very handy if you ask non-photographers to take your picture using wide apertures where depth of focus is thin "Just hold the camera steady and touch my face on the screen" usually results in a sharp shot.
        You can cycle the function on both my cameras by touching a screen icon that goes touch to focus/touch to focus and shoot/touch screen off (left side with a pointing finger).

2 - On my E-M10 it's on by default, on the E-PL5 I had to enable it.
        Cog D>Control Settings>PASM>Live SCP on/off
        Then you just press "OK" in shooting mode and up it pops.

3 - E-P series were more expensive and better specified than the "Lite" E-PL AFAIK.

4 - as above. My most desirable keep it in your pocket camera went from the E-P5 to the Pen F
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/amcuk/

Comment

The light weight and compactness of my E-P5 is a revelation. I'm also liking the way it handles.

I reported that the camera is in good condition. I suspect that it hadn't been used much. Checking the shutter count showed 444 actuations. Also, the firmware was 1.1.

Jim

Comment

Make sure you upgrade that firmware to the latest. There was an important addition of EFCS that fixes shutter shock problems.
            Paul
            E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
            flickr
            Portfolio Site
            Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
              Make sure you upgrade that firmware to the latest. There was an important addition of EFCS that fixes shutter shock problems.
              Yes, I upgraded it to the latest - 1.7.

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X