Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thinking of an E-P5

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
    Cheers Simon - I didn't really need that!

;^)

I'd talked myself out of wanting an E-P5 until your post. I'll wait until Monday and hope that it's gone by then. If is hasn't ....... !

The problem is that I've an E5 and am using it with a 14-35 f2. It's a wonderful combination, though heavy. I don't really want to take photos with another camera with inferior optics and end up saying to myself 'I wish I'd taken that with my 14-35'.

Jim
    You're welcome Jim

Ooh.... E5 & 14/35 F2, I know exactly what you mean. I photographed the 2012 olympic torch relay in Burry port, Carmarthenshire with that exact combination, the detail in those images never fail to stagger me

Simon
    “Sharpness is a bourgeois concept”
    ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Originally posted by Ricoh View Post

Anyway, if on your travels on the Internet you happen to come across another Gothic Pen f, please let me know.
      I will indeed let you know if I spot another.

Simon
      ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Just thinking wildly here, you could make a business out of 'date arrangements' - camera owner wishes to meet a camera seeker.
        Steve

on flickr

Comment

Anyway, if on your travels on the Internet you happen to come across another Gothic Pen f, please let me know. I think I should have two bodies, one for colour and one for B&W, as well as being a back up.
          (Polite cough) At least three, surely - colour neg, colour slide and B&W. Not to mention possibly a fourth for extra-fast (or slow) B&W......

John

Comment

Originally posted by Bikie John View Post
            (Polite cough) At least three, surely - colour neg, colour slide and B&W. Not to mention possibly a fourth for extra-fast (or slow) B&W......

John

Great idea, John, but a tad greedy don't you think. I feel obliged to leave one or two for the rest of you guys. You film lovers.
            Steve

on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Bee View Post
              Well then Jim I think you will hard pressed to get a better deal on the 'body' than in the link below.

Leica Store Manchester ( aka .... Stephens of Manchester ) , I have dealt with David Stephens and he is very professional and offers excellent service as would be expected to have gained 'Leica Store' status ( as opposed to just a Leica dealer ).
              Well, I got a better deal - from 'Stephens of Manchester'!

I tried to fight the temptation off all weekend, but finally succumbed. They let me have the camera for £185, including next day postage.

They were very nice and friendly to deal with, which really clinched it for me!

Just got to get a lens that compliments the compactness of the body.

Jim

Comment

Well, I got a better deal - from 'Stephens of Manchester'!

I tried to fight the temptation off all weekend, but finally succumbed. They let me have the camera for £185, including next day postage.

They were very nice and friendly to deal with, which really clinched it for me!

Just got to get a lens that compliments the compactness of the body.

Jim
                Well done Jim,

They are great to deal with and that's a damn fine deal you got

Simon
                ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Excellent deal on an excellent camera.

(Far better than my experience attempting to purchase a Pen f: On-line purchase completed over a week ago and when I phoned today to progress delivery the vendor informed me the camera had been sold to someone else. Disappointed and I await my credit card statement to confirm money was reimbursed as stated.)
                  Steve

on flickr

Comment

Excellent deal on an excellent camera.

(Far better than my experience attempting to purchase a Pen f: On-line purchase completed over a week ago and when I phoned today to progress delivery the vendor informed me the camera had been sold to someone else. Disappointed and I await my credit card statement to confirm money was reimbursed as stated.)
                    Oh that's a bummer Steve, P.W. should have updated his site before going away, I can understand your disappointment.

I'll keep an eye out for you once again.

Simon
                    ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Well done Jim,

They are great to deal with and that's a damn fine deal you got
                      When I phoned them I was still undecided, and when I asked if they could give a further reduction, was quite prepared to say that I'd give it some thought, if they got 'sniffy' about it. I was quite disarmed when they offered the reduction, which helped make my mind up.

Jim

Comment

Oh that's a bummer Steve, P.W. should have updated his site before going away, I can understand your disappointment.

I'll keep an eye out for you once again.

Simon
                        I think so Simon, I was waiting to see the condition of the camera (Mint -) and lens (Ex++) before bagging the 100mm f/3.5 he also had for sale. When I phoned today I was told both had been sold. I do think anyone running a business, either brick and mortar or on-line, should check stock level prior to accepting payment. I was aware his 'shop' was closed for the week so patiently waited until today.
                        If you spot something I would be appreciative. I've been thinking this past week all those diptychs and triptychs I could capture. I've been looking on eBay but there's some rubbish about described as excellent. Quite a number available from Japan, but it's a long way for returns, and all the import taxes and vat on top of the headline price.
                        Steve

on flickr

Comment

When I phoned them I was still undecided, and when I asked if they could give a further reduction, was quite prepared to say that I'd give it some thought, if they got 'sniffy' about it. I was quite disarmed when they offered the reduction, which helped make my mind up.

Jim
                          I had one of these and I'm fairly certain you'll enjoy the experience- built like a tank and some great features too. Lens-wise, a Panny 20mm MK 2 would be my choice if size was an issue.
                          Steve

on flickr

Comment

Received the camera yesterday.

It looks in new condition. Not a mark on it - not even grease marks on the grip.

It didn't have a strap - I'll have to look out for one. Also the battery (a Hahnel) was U/S. The charger showed that it was charging, but it wasn't in fact. I gave it a 'sniff' of an Amp from a regulated power supply, in an attempt to 'kick start' it, but it wouldn't continue to charge on the mains charger. I've ordered some Xpro ones.

Jim

Comment

Received the camera yesterday.

It looks in new condition. Not a mark on it - not even grease marks on the grip.

It didn't have a strap - I'll have to look out for one. Also the battery (a Hahnel) was U/S. The charger showed that it was charging, but it wasn't in fact. I gave it a 'sniff' of an Amp from a regulated power supply, in an attempt to 'kick start' it, but it wouldn't continue to charge on the mains charger. I've ordered some Xpro ones.

Jim
                              It certainly looked like new on their site so I am glad to have pointed it out to you Jim. I was tempted myself but was holding out for a second Pen-F as a back up for my trip to Japan next year. Just got a S/H 'cracker' off Harrison's in a 'Black Friday' deal.

Shame about the battery but I guess at the price you got it for you're not complaining , enjoy

regards,
                              Simon
                              ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

OK fellas what's the secret - where's the 'Super Control Panel' I learned to love on my E500, E3 and E5, please?

I've looked through the abominable manual to see how it can be activated, to no avail!

Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X