Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES

See more
See less

Do you find the OLED screen too colourful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you find the OLED screen too colourful?

I prefer to use my new E-P3 set to the natural colour setting, and was getting irritated about the over-vivid colours I was seeing on the rear screen.

Then I discovered a thread in the DPReview Micro-FourThirds forum explaining how to cure it!

By default the display is set to "vivid" mode. However, if you navigate to the Spanner (Wrench) icon in the menu, then select the brightness and saturation for the display option you will see the brightness and saturation control. Ignore that and look to the bottom left and you will see "vivid-info". Press the info button, then OK and it will switch to "natural-info", lo and behold you will now get your images played back in natural colour, pretty much wysiwyg.

Problem solved! (It may be explained somewhere in the manual, but I hadn't noticed it there after reading it through several times...)

Chris
    Chris

Black OM-D E-M1 MkII, Silver PEN-F, Black Lumix GX7, and too many lenses!

Re: Do you find the OLED screen too colourful?

That's a very useful tip.
    I've wondered why the E-M5 screen always seemed to be a bit OTT, nice to find there's another option.

Regards.
    Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
    OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
    Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Thanks Chris, I haven't noticed a problem with my E-M5 but thought I'd check the setting anyway - it was already set to Natural.
      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
        Thanks Chris, I haven't noticed a problem with my E-M5 but thought I'd check the setting anyway - it was already set to Natural.
        It's something I haven't noticed before, but is the same (as yours John). Isn't it nice we can learn something new every day.

Thanks Chris for bringing this to our attention.

Ross
        I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
        Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
        Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
        Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
        Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Yes, when I checked my E-M5 after posting about the E-P3 I found that has a very similar setting (with only cosmetic differences). My E-M5 was set to natural rather than vivid, and probably came with that as the default setting as I've no recollection of changing it... Wonder how the other recent Pens are set up?
          Chris

Black OM-D E-M1 MkII, Silver PEN-F, Black Lumix GX7, and too many lenses!

Comment

Checked my E-M5 after reading this thread.. set to natural already.
            Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
            Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
            Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
            Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
            Learn something new every day

Comment

Working...
            X