Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Been offered an EP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Been offered an EP2

Re: Been offered an EP2

Welcome back Garrie. I can't help with the EP2 I'm afraid - but at that price maybe it's worth trying it and hoping you can move it on without losing too much if its low light performance is too much of a limit. Or until you can save more pennies and trade up

John

Comment

Hi Garrie hope all is well,wouldn't you consider going back down the E3,E5 route? Or even a nice EM-5? Btw I'm sure I bought your E3.

Comment

Originally posted by scott76 View Post
        Hi Garrie hope all is well,wouldn't you consider going back down the E3,E5 route? Or even a nice EM-5? Btw I'm sure I bought your E3.

Comment

The E-P2 is a great camera, and with that lens a bargain at £100. Sure, it won't be the fastest focussing thing out there, but plenty good enough to give excellent results.
          Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

I don't think you will do better at that price. The 16MP sensor in the later cameras and the 17mm F1.8 rather than the F2.8 on offer (?) would be the way to go for the best in low light but is not a budget option by a long shot. Still ,the E-P2 has a good enough stabilisation system should you find yourself handholding at longer than normal exposure times.
            Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
            Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
            Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
            Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
            Learn something new every day

Comment

Comment

John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4&l=5796f77e56

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4&l=0ff5c707cd

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4&l=ca1c62d46e

John, I'll be sure to post some pics

Thanks again, its great to see the Forum still here, if I go for it expect to see lots of photographs :-)

Comment

It seemed a real bargain before, but if it also includes a VF2 you'd be daft not to get it! Go on, snatch their hand off before they change their minds!

BTW Forgot to ask - how's the drumming?
                    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Thanks, Yeah I'm going to get it :-)

Yeah the music side of things is going great thanks for asking. Got a few bands on the go so that makes me busy in-between times when I'm dying to see Harrison

Hope your keeping well? Things good at your end?

Comment

Originally posted by Garrie View Post
                        Thanks, Yeah I'm going to get it :-)

Yeah the music side of things is going great thanks for asking. Got a few bands on the go so that makes me busy in-between times when I'm dying to see Harrison

Hope your keeping well? Things good at your end?
                        I'm not too bad, thanks. Glad to hear the music is going well for you. At least if you get this camera you'll be able to take lots of pics of Harrison when you see him. How old is he now?
                        John

Comment

Some of the best HDRs On dereliction and decay I'd seen before or since. Welcome home, and more of the same please

David

Comment

I've been looking out for a really cheap viewfinder. Looks like you've found one so I suggest you snap it up as it makes the bundle even better value.
                            Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                            Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                            Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                            Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                            Learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by Garrie View Post
                              ..., the Camera includes a VF2 view finder also.

Comment

Working...
                              X