I can't find the button for an E-P2 menu item

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! I can't find the button for an E-P2 menu item

Every so often I enjoy sitting down with my old kit and having a play: munch through the menus and remind myself of how it's all glued together.

As a result, the other day I re-discovered a menu item on the E-P2 that caused a bit of puzzlement when I first got the camera, but then (obviously) forgot about.

Tools (cogs)
    B BUTTON/DIAL
    <FUNCTION (< is a symbol like the playback button but facting the other way round)

It's in the manual at the top of page 98 but I can't for the life of me find the actual button. Please help!

Re: I can't find the button for an E-P2 menu item

Looking at the manual (page 9) it looks like it is the button to the right of the play back button above the dial.

Comment

On the E-P2 that would be the Fn button :-( which is configurable in its own right.

Comment

Ah, ok my next suggestion is it is the left arrow on the main dial

Comment

Invicta
          You are undoubtably the most helpful person ever. Thanks for trying!
          I don't know if you actually have an E-P2 but nowhere on the body can I find a button that looks like the playback button facing the other way round. The E-P2 only has 7 button to choose from :-(
          What I don't kmow is whether the error (and I am assuming that is what it is) was always there or did it creep in on the back of a firmware upgrade? (Camera currently at v1.2)

Comment

I don't have an E-P2 but I do have an E-PL3 which has a similiar shuttle dial.

The dial rotates and also has four, different functions when you press it up, down, left or right. It also has the OK button in the middle.

I can program just one of these four function buttons on the E-PL3 so I guess the E-P2 is similiar. Looks like it is set to AF by default on the E-P2. Left arrow is the opposite sign to the play back button.

Comment

No, on the E-P2 you can have the jog-dial buttons :
              off (inactive)
              on (their native functions of ISO. WB, frame and AF)
              AF point select
              and nowhere does a reversed playback symbol appear.

To be honest, I was rather hoping someone would tell me that the E-P3 or whatever had this missing button, from which I could infer that one of the firmware updates added a feature for a bit of hardware that doesn't exist on the E-P2 (a bug in other words).

Comment

Well it took some time to sink in but Invicta is correct: it is the left-hand jog-dial button. Thoroughly unintuitive, because the manual and the menu both use a different symbol to the camera!
                Manual/menu - left facing arrow surrounded by a square box (like the playback button reversed)
                Jog-dial button - just the arrow.
                The manual infers that all the jog-dial buttons can be configured but in fact it is just the left arrow.
                The jog-dial left button (physical control) is labelled "AF" and it makes more sense to me to leave it that way.

Comment

Working...
                X