• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User

http://www.flickr.com/photos/timharr...7624987560702/

Interested to hear what you think.

Thanks

Re: New User

Welcome. The PEN is definately mightier than the sword Lots of creative photos in your photostream. After a while here you'll experience the friendliness amongst Olympus users that you'll sell your Canon and go Olympus full time

Comment

Thanks for the welcome - I'm not sure that selling my Canon set up is an option but the Pen is definitely staying

Comment

I applaud your taste and judgement Tim. Is there a camera anywhere that can rival the E-P1. They are almost works of art and such a change from the usual black plastic.

I love my E-P1 and my old E1 set-up has now passed into history. With a G9 for grab shots and flash - the Pen does everything else.

Good shots btw

Comment

Originally posted by belpersnapper View Post
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/timharr...7624987560702/

Interested to hear what you think.

Thanks
          Welcome.

Sounds like a great deal you got! Love your pictures on Flickr, a good advert for the Pen. Like your cat, Casper, too - reminds me of my Pumpkin.
          John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Once again thanks for the kind comments.

I have posted the photos almost straight from the camera - very little processing - just a little contrast added. I have set the camera to the 6:6 setting to make me try and think in that square format.

Why hasn't someone come up with the same setting for DSLR's ?? - obviously it is 'do-able' but none of the others have taken this on board. How useful for wedding photography when you need a square crop for the wedding albums prints.

I have searched the internet for a solution but they are all a bit 'Heath-Robinson' ie marking up the viewing screen with a permanent marker or scratching the viewing screen. Clearly Olympus know how to do it

Casper is a visitor to Dads garden - our cat is called Lottie. Here she is:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/timharr...7600260318535/

Sorry but these were taken with my 'other cameras' - does anyone know if the Pen Flash is worth the outlay ? Looks expensive for what it is but somewhat frustrating indoors without one.

Thanks

Comment

Michael.
              E-P3, 14-42, VF-3

Comment

Comment

I think I want an E-5 and once street pricing has lopped a few hundred off it, I could just about fund it by selling my E-3, plus (sadly) selling my E-P1 plus lenses, flash and adapter. If you're interested, my posting is on the for sale part of this forum.
                  Michael.
                  E-P3, 14-42, VF-3

Comment

Working...
                  X