misty eyepiece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misty eyepiece

I was out in the rain the weekend, not really heavy, and I kept my omd-em5 mk1 under my arm most of the time to keep the rain off.

After getting home I dried every thing off with a towel and left it on the table to dry properly.

Today I used it again and the eyepiece has got mist inside, presumably due to the change in temperature from indoors to outdoors.

So, is this a problem ? Will it upset the electronic viewfinder ? What should I / can I, do about it ?

All suggestions welcome, especially from those who have suffered the same thing.

Thanks.

David

Re: misty eyepiece

Take out the battery, pack the camera in a bag of dry rice and seal leave in a warm dry place for a couple of days. This should absorb any moisture.
    Paul

Comment

Thanks.

Do you think the problem may have been caused by me using standard lenses ( oly 12-50, panasonic 45-175) which are not entirely waterproof ?

David

Comment

I thought the oly 12-50 was waterproof?
        Regards
        Michael

OM-D E-M5 mk2, m12-40mm f2.8, m25mm f1.8, m45mm f1.8, m60mm f2.8 Macro, M14‑150mm 1:4-5.6 II, M75-300mm MK2, Samyang 7.5mm f/3.5 fisheye

Comment

Working...
        X