Professional shooting with E-M5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional shooting with E-M5?

Does anyone on the forum use their OM-D to shoot professionally? Please accept my apologies if that's a dumb question / offensive (because it should be obvious that you do!) but I'm very much hobby shooter who's gotten into this much more since I got my OM-D last year, and wondering what people would say (I know I shouldn't care!) if I started turning up to shoot friends wedding's with an OM-D and Panny 35-100mm attached?

Of course I don't care what people think which camera I use for friends and personal photos, but if I wanted to take this to the next level and try to become something of semi-pro shooting at the weekends would an OM-D put people off? It wouldn't put me off trying, but it just made me think apart from the Oly visionaries like Damian McGillicuddy how many honest photographers have dropped their CaNikon's for M4/3's?

Interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks,
    James

OM-D E-M5 and lots of other things to to bash into it in the bag (usually a Billingham Hadley Pro)

Re: Professional shooting with E-M5?

Not exactly from the forum, but have a look at this:-

LINK

Colin

Comment

There are several pros on this forum who use the E-M5 (and other Oly models). Seonnaidh (Jon Pear) comes to mind first.

Ian
      Founder and editor of:
      Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
      Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
      Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
      Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
      Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
      NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Weldingblues View Post
        Not exactly from the forum, but have a look at this:-

LINK

Colin
        Thanks for the link Colin - I think everyone should have a look at this it's amazing!@@!!
        James

OM-D E-M5 and lots of other things to to bash into it in the bag (usually a Billingham Hadley Pro)

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
          There are several pros on this forum who use the E-M5 (and other Oly models). Seonnaidh (Jon Pear) comes to mind first.

Ian
          Thanks Ian.
          James

Comment

Way to much camera for me. I have work supplied Kodak branded POS and a Lumix DMC-L1.

It's the image that counts, not the equipment used to take it.
            It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Originally posted by David M View Post
              Way to much camera for me. I have work supplied Kodak branded POS and a Lumix DMC-L1.

It's the image that counts, not the equipment used to take it.
              Couldn't agree more David, I wish everyone else saw that as well. May I ask what you're shooting these days with the Kodak and L1?
              James

Comment

The L1 is work supplied as a back to the Kodak POS.

My personal work is taken with an E-410 or E-3. The E-410 paid for itself and the kit lenses with the fourth shot I took with it.
                It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

I think there is often too much worry about what the general public think. If your client happens to be a keen amateur themselves they'll know what an E-M5 is. If they have no personal interest in photography beyond a camera phone then they probably won't care and if the E-M5 is fully gripped they probably won't even notice the difference.
                  John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Good points - thanks all for your contributions to this naive discussion post!
                    James

Comment

Put the full grip on the E-M5. You'll be surprised how pro it suddenly looks

Pete
                      Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by snaarman View Post
                        Put the full grip on the E-M5. You'll be surprised how pro it suddenly looks

Pete
                        There's an E-PL5 hiding in here:

Not only do I not care what anyone thinks of the kit I use, I don't give a hoot about the make of pots-n-pans the chef uses to cook in my favorite restaurants.
                        Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post

I don't give a hoot about the make of pots-n-pans the chef uses to cook in my favorite restaurants.
                          I wouldn't eat anything that wasn't cooked in Le Creuset pans.
                          John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                            I wouldn't eat anything that wasn't cooked in Le Creuset pans.
                            Wok is wong wiv U
                            Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Hi,

Interesting article here: http://tinyurl.com/kcdjhbc on the OMD for weddings.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X