Focus point does not stay in middle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Focus point does not stay in middle.

Good evening. I have a problem with my OM-D and that is getting thefocus point to stay in the middle. It seems to wonder around aimlessly.
    I have set it for the middle a number of times and to no avail.

Re: Focus point does not stay in middle.

Welcome to the forum.

Three possible causes spring to mind.

1) You have touch screen focusing enabled and inadvertantly change the position with you fingers or nose.

2) You have focus tracking set.

3) You have face detection set and there are people in the scene.
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

G'day hornaven. Another possibility is if the 4 way function buttons are set for focus point selection (as default) & are bumped. A good way to use these buttons is to set them as function buttons where the left arrow <- still functions as focus point selection (press once then all four keys for positioning focus point). I recommend doing some reading of helpful settings to start with & this site has a great starter for 'Getting the Most out of the E-M5'.

Ross
      I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
      Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
      Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
      Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
      Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Thank you for quick replies. It was a clear case of number two on Zuiko's list that caused my probs.

Comment

Working...
        X