Attention spectacle wearers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention spectacle wearers!

I've just managed to get hold of the optional eyepiece EP-11.

I've had it ordered from SRS for a few months but for some reason they weren't getting stocks, so yesterday I cancelled and bought from Warehouse Express.

It arrived today (in a large packet via Parcelforce marked FRAGILE!), and what a difference it makes! I was managing fine with my specs and the original eyepiece, or so I thought, but this new, larger, one is even better. Not the cheapest accessory on the market, but worthwile if you need to wear glasses all the time.
    Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Re: Attention spectacle wearers!

Thanks Stephen, I'll look into that.
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
      Thanks Stephen, I'll look into that.
      Agreed with that

Comment

Thanks for the news that it's worthwhile. I'm managing with the standard eyepiece, but had wondered about buying the EP-11 when I got my EM-5. I'll give it a try too... (You ARE on commission I hope!)
        Chris

Black OM-D E-M1 MkII, Silver PEN-F, Black Lumix GX7, and too many lenses!

Comment

If only ... The number of people who have bought E-M5s after trying mine is growing, too!
          Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Chris

Comment

That's the one place I didn't look, for once! Well spotted!
              Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

I see a reviewer on Amazon suggests that the EP-11 eyepiece moves your eye further away from the viewfinder, so that you only see around 90% of the image. (He suggests that the eyepiece is best used without glasses in bright conditions). Do you find this is a problem?
                Chris

Comment

With specs I still get 100% vision in the viewfinder, even though, yes, the eye is a little further away. How the d##*l are you supposed to see through the finder without specs, if you need specs? Diopter adjustment doesn't work for astigmatism! Some reviewers just aren't real! Grrrr!
                  Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Luckily for me the diopter adjustment is all I need. I would like to know how I am supposed to see the OLED screen - if I wear my reading glasses then when I look up I can't see anything! Unfortunately its not easy to menu dive via the buttons with your eye up to the eyepiece - I keep hitting the wrong button.
                    Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                    Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                    Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                    Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                    Learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                      With specs I still get 100% vision in the viewfinder, even though, yes, the eye is a little further away. How the d##*l are you supposed to see through the finder without specs, if you need specs? Diopter adjustment doesn't work for astigmatism! Some reviewers just aren't real! Grrrr!
                      The EP-11 works nicely for me with my glasses & I'm in the astigmatism club too (not by any choice from me ) although thankfully, only slightly. The EP-11 keeps the reflections off the glasses & the only disadvantage with it is getting the flash on (FL-LM2) as the rubber needs to be flexed down a little to get the shoe of the flash to line up with the rail on the camera (other flashes have no issues at all with it) & to not catch on the rubber edge as it's pushed in.
                      Ross
                      I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                      Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                      Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                      Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                      Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

I'll watch out for the flash issue - thanks for the warning. Although I hate using flash, so the problem should rarely arise.
                        Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

I thoroughly recommended the EP-11 too, I've been using it from day one with the E-M5, in fact it arrived (from of SRS) before the camera did .
                          Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
                          Capture One Pro
                          My flickr

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                            I'll watch out for the flash issue - thanks for the warning. Although I hate using flash, so the problem should rarely arise.
                            Don't get me wrong. It's not really an issue, just something to be aware of perhaps.
                            Ross
                            I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                            Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                            Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                            Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                            Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Just had mine turn up today from srs do not have to use glasses but i lost one of my M5 and could,nt find any ref anywhere to get a spare so if anyone who wears specs wants to swap for the normal one please contact me via email thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X