Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Letter to Olympus Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter to Olympus Europe

On the end of May 2018, I wrote this mail to Olympus Europe. I hope they wish to help us.

images - Flickr - Face - Gallery representation
    "I've become very picky. Most of my outings these days do not yield satisfactory photographs because what used to be satisfactory to me in the past no longer is. I make much fewer images today than I have in previous times, and I expect this trend to continue. Progress in art is not about becoming more prolific; it's about becoming more demanding." - Guy Tal

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Re: Letter to Olympus Europe

As you probably know Olympus (Iberian Olympus which manages both countries, Portugal and Spain) lends cameras to the people they choose.
      I see no reason why they should not patronise our project, which will be viewed by so many people. As you read above in my first post, I am willing to give personal warranties.

However, I am aware that - most probably - they will not lend me 3 cameras but if they do, just one with the three lens: :dance4:
      Anyway I would be - I am anyway - thrilled to the perspective of making shots with these beautiful primes.
      If the other lenses are so great, why shouldn't these be even better ? :yahoo:

I have bookmarked this thread so I can keep you all, knowing how things are going.

Than you for commenting !
      "I've become very picky. Most of my outings these days do not yield satisfactory photographs because what used to be satisfactory to me in the past no longer is. I make much fewer images today than I have in previous times, and I expect this trend to continue. Progress in art is not about becoming more prolific; it's about becoming more demanding." - Guy Tal

Comment

Well worth the chance of asking. The worst that can happen is that they say no... and they might say yes.
        Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
        Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
        Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
        Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
        Learn something new every day

Comment

Of course OM USer !

I hope they say yes !
          Once I was borrowed a 75mm. I made some photo of my grand son and I found it to be superb !
          Even on the screen of the camera I could see the quality of the image. Later I confirmed the fact on my home computer.

Cheers !

Comment

Working...
          X