My E-M5 II will not switch off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My E-M5 II will not switch off

I got caught in the rain yesterday and my E-M5II got wet. I was not too concerned at the time just left it out to dry.

Today it will not switch off. Anyone else had this it is in warranty thankfully.
    OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Re: My E-M5 II will not switch off

Originally posted by alfbranch View Post
    I got caught in the rain yesterday and my E-M5II got wet. I was not too concerned at the time just left it out to dry.

Today it will not switch off. Anyone else had this it is in warranty thankfully.
    Alf

Yes. I don't think the wet is involved. Mine was like it. I eventually noticed as I usually have the screen reversed, battery usage was awful. So it went away and returned OK under warranty. I have seen a few other reports. But it doesn't respond to resets and so forth.

Note your settings as it will return without them....And I am still resetting things months later!

peter
    Peter (Art Frames)

You can see some of my things on Flickr

Comment

If the EM5 II is weather sealed, as I thought it was, it should be resilient to a modicum of rain with an appropriate lens attached. Of course it will switch off once the battery is pulled, then let it dry, or try placing in a desiccanted bag, or similar.
      Steve

on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by art frames View Post
        Alf

Yes. I don't think the wet is involved. Mine was like it. I eventually noticed as I usually have the screen reversed, battery usage was awful. So it went away and returned OK under warranty. I have seen a few other reports. But it doesn't respond to resets and so forth.

Note your settings as it will return without them....And I am still resetting things months later!

peter
        Thanks Peter I thought I had seen this somewhere too. It may done this intermittantly before now I think about it.
        I do not mess with the settings much.

Originally posted by Ricoh View Post
        If the EM5 II is weather sealed, as I thought it was, it should be resilient to a modicum of rain with an appropriate lens attached. Of course it will switch off once the battery is pulled, then let it dry, or try placing in a desiccanted bag, or similar.
        The E-M5II is weather sealed.
        I do not give it an easy life though.
        OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

Comment

Posted off to Oly today.

Comment

This has failed on me again so it is off to Olympus again today

Comment

Oh dear. You must have been over working this baby. Have to be gentle at times

With the price of the EM1ii dropping, I got a replacement for my workhorse. Will be sending the old workhorse to pasture while I start putting the new thru it's paces.
              * Henry
              * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I tend to agree

Comment

Working...
                    X