Anyone have an E-M5 and Mark II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have an E-M5 and Mark II

and found that their original 5 is pretty much as good?

I'll expand: I have a Mark II. I recently bought an E-M5 kit on Ebay as it came with some nice extras like a 25mm F1.8, 17mm F2.8, grip, spare battery, Eye-Fi cards...Effectively meant the camera didn't cost much at all.

Anyway, before I sell the camera (or keep it and put the Mark II up for sale again) I can't help finding myself using the original E-M5.

I know the buttons are squidgy and the "on" lever is in a silly place (like old Canons) but for general photography I find it great.

I use it with one or both parts of the HLD-6 grip so maybe that's clouding my judgement but I'm wondering if I'll keep it over the Mark II...?

By the way WiFi works with a WiFi SD card too and it's quite fast at transferring images (EyeFi).

Mal.

Re: Anyone have an E-M5 and Mark II

I have an E-M5 and and an E-M1. It's my second E-M1, but my first and only E-M5. I sold my first E-M1 but then bought back in. The E-M5 gives nothing to the E-M1 in IQ (in fact, I'm still of the view that the colours from the E-M5 are better), but it has to be said that the E-M1 is a MUCH better camera ergonomically. I suspect a similar argument with apply to the mk II.
    Paul
    E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
    flickr
    Portfolio Site
    Instagram

Comment

You will get more firmware support, (updates), for the MkII.

Comment

I find the Mark II ergonomically better than my E-M5 but that's it. Rather annoyingly I find the eyefi card works more smoothly than the built-in WiFi of the Mark II.

May be better off using an eyefi card in the Mark II ironically...

Comment

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
          I have an E-M5 and and an E-M1. It's my second E-M1, but my first and only E-M5. I sold my first E-M1 but then bought back in. The E-M5 gives nothing to the E-M1 in IQ (in fact, I'm still of the view that the colours from the E-M5 are better), but it has to be said that the E-M1 is a MUCH better camera ergonomically. I suspect a similar argument with apply to the mk II.
          Paul - I'm with you thinking the colours from the E-M5 mk1 are better than the
          EM1.
          My stuff on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/jonskids/

Comment

Sold the original 5 and kept the Mark II. I was trying to sell off everything of value at the time for a planned purchase which hasn't materialised anyway now.

Comment

Working...
            X