Re: DP Review of E-M4 Mark II

Oops a typo on the title of the thread

Comment

Re: DP Review of E-M4 Mark II

Originally posted by Miketoll View Post
      Oops a typo on the title of the thread
      I've corrected it.
      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Re: DP Review of E-M5 Mark II

I think it's a fair review. The E-M5ii is probably the best u43 camera about (give or take the E-M1) and the u43 system is certainly the most complete mirrorless system in the market (by quite a margin). So, does that make it the best mirrorless camera available? I think for anyone who wants to build a system, then the answer is yes. Neither Sony nor Samsung are anywhere near and Fuji glass is still looking expensive, bulky and lacking good long fast lenses.

However, if you're looking for a camera in isolation, then the AF and IQ on the Samsung and Sony a6000 are certainly likely to give the E-M5ii a very strong run for its money.

I think Oly will need to give the E-M1ii a big step up in AF performance and probably a lift in sensor resolution and noise to remain truly competitive.
        Paul
        E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
        flickr
        Portfolio Site
        Instagram

Comment

Hmmm, that is

Comment

As an EM-1 user I find the comment that they got a far better hit rate when using C-AF and switched from "release priority" interesting so will give this a whirl now I have firmware 3 installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Miketoll View Post
              As an EM-1 user I find the comment that they got a far better hit rate when using C-AF and switched from "release priority" interesting so will give this a whirl now I have firmware 3 installed.
              I have just checked on my E-M1 and I have the release priority setting for C-AF set to 'on' which is the default. According the manual, 'on' means that the shutter can be released even if the camera is not in focus.

The review suggests 'disengaging the setting'. I suppose that means that the setting should be changed to 'off', meaning that the shutter will only be released if the camera is in focus. I don't understand how that would help but I will give it a go.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Olybirder View Post
                I have just checked on my E-M1 and I have the release priority setting for C-AF set to 'on' which is the default. According the manual, 'on' means that the shutter can be released even if the camera is not in focus.

The review suggests 'disengaging the setting'. I suppose that means that the setting should be changed to 'off', meaning that the shutter will only be released if the camera is in focus. I don't understand how that would help but I will give it a go.

Ron
                It's better set to off IMHO. If set to "on", the camera will take a shot even if the image is not in focus. When set to "off", the camera will ignore your shutter press until the AF thinks it's in focus.
                Paul
                E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
                flickr
                Portfolio Site
                Instagram

Comment

Working...
                X