So who actually has an E-M1x?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who actually has an E-M1x?

I've not seen a lot of posts on here from real owners. Are they out there but too busy shooting to post on forums? Or are there actually not very many members who have bought one? Would be interested to know.
    Paul
    E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
    flickr
    Portfolio Site
    Instagram

Re: So who actually has an E-M1x?

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
    I've not seen a lot of posts on here from real owners. Are they out there but too busy shooting to post on forums? Or are there actually not very many members who have bought one? Would be interested to know.
    Maybe not so many here but some on 'that other' forum.

Actually, I believe Barr1e & Ann1e do, among others.

They're probably too busy taking photos instead of being here & just talking about it.
    Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

A total white elephant if you ask me (not that I anticipate being asked). Total waste of money in terms of development and manufacturing tooling costs.
      I would be gob-smacked if it came to light that Olympus spent any money on market research, and surprised if a market exists.
      Steve

on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricoh View Post
        A total white elephant if you ask me (not that I anticipate being asked). Total waste of money in terms of development and manufacturing tooling costs.
        I would be gob-smacked if it came to light that Olympus spent any money on market research, and surprised if a market exists.
        But you obviously are not the target buyer, however others are.
        Ross
        I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
        Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
        Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
        Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
        Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50689
          Stuff from Cuba
          More stuff from Cuba
          It all started here

Comment

Well, that's a member selling one!
            Paul
            flickr
            Portfolio Site
            Instagram

Comment

I have one and am still learning- and will be learning forever! Yet to really test it for the features that attracted me ie subject focus tracking (planes, trains, motorsport) but hope to do so this coming weekend. The `my menu` feature is a real blessing and a fantasitic time saver. I did try the hi res handhold feature a few days ago with this butterfly shots and vouch for the weather sealing of the camera on the 12-100 PRO with two shots from a very wet Statfold Barn Railway last Saturday. My problem is that I have a Pen F and have yet to fall in love with the EM1X as I have with the smaller camera!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
                But you obviously are not the target buyer, however others are.

Absolutely. It doesn't take much research to find out how popular it is with the pros, who are it's target audience. None of them seem to grumble about its size or price either. And it seems to bringing new people into the system. I never in my wildest dreams imagined that Andy Rouse would ever forsake 35mm for m4/3rds but it has happened.

A part of me would love an EM-1X. I handled one at the Photography Show (albeit with a tiny lens on) and it felt wonderful. But I'm just a hobbiest and am happy enough with the results I'm getting from my EM-1 Mk 1 and Mk 2.
                Best wishes

Wildwood

Comment

Originally posted by 090657 View Post
                  I have one and am still learning- and will be learning forever! Yet to really test it for the features that attracted me ie subject focus tracking (planes, trains, motorsport) but hope to do so this coming weekend. The `my menu` feature is a real blessing and a fantasitic time saver. I did try the hi res handhold feature a few days ago with this butterfly shots and vouch for the weather sealing of the camera on the 12-100 PRO with two shots from a very wet Statfold Barn Railway last Saturday. My problem is that I have a Pen F and have yet to fall in love with the EM1X as I have with the smaller camera!

Tim

What wonderful shots! I especially like the butterfly images.
                  Paul
                  flickr
                  Portfolio Site
                  Instagram

Comment

You could start a poll!

Jim

Comment

I have one and still happy with it , performance is just a little better for BIF than the mkII but it's normal to have to pay quite a bit more with any make to get that bit extra .
                      I sold my 1DXMKII and 600f4 MKII and don't regret it at all the silent shutter of the EM1X helps get shots as below taken with the 300 f4pro

Just need that 400mm to come out .

Rob.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Rousey says...
                        Now before I go on I need to say one thing. I am not an Olympus Ambassador and I don't intend to be. I've said to Olympus that I will say what I find about the system, warts and all, and I'm certainly not being paid to use it. It's all my choice. My future direction is to stay independant and to use the best system each individual part of my business. So right now I am using the Olympus system for my wildlife photography, the Canon 5D4 for underwater and am testing a Panasonic for my video work. The R I will fit in somewhere too, probably for wide angle work, although I'm gonna use the Olympus smaller glass too and see how that goes.
                        Stuff from Cuba
                        More stuff from Cuba
                        It all started here

Comment

What wonderful shots! I especially like the butterfly images.
                          And I like the trains - especially no.4. The butterflies are impressive though!
                          Regards
                          Richard

Comment

Originally posted by GyRob View Post
                            I have one and still happy with it , performance is just a little better for BIF than the mkII but it's normal to have to pay quite a bit more with any make to get that bit extra .
                            I sold my 1DXMKII and 600f4 MKII and don't regret it at all the silent shutter of the EM1X helps get shots as below taken with the 300 f4pro

Just need that 400mm to come out .

Rob.

Superb shot Rob, it's definitely working for you!
                            Regards
                            Richard

Comment

Clearly working for some of us, smashing results.

more on Andy Rouse here:
                              http://www.andyrouse.co.uk/index.php...l8EuDPvBHuvM8Q

For any that aren't aware, Andy Rouse runs photo safaris, workshops and expeditions. Went to Svalbard with him, superb even though he was a Canon ambassador at the time he didn't care what kit we had!
                              AndyMor

E-510, E-5, 12-60, 14-42, 35 macro, 9-18, 70-300, Bigma 50-500, bad back......

Comment

Working...
                              X