Spotted 2nd hand E-M1X at LCE Manchester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotted 2nd hand E-M1X at LCE Manchester

£2,299 with a six month warranty. Iím guessing itís quite the Marmite Camera. Quite a bit bigger than the E-M1 right next to it... Quite a bit smaller than the APS-H 1D III on the other side.... Looks like a great platform for a 40-150 f2.8 or larger.

Re: Spotted 2nd hand E-M1X at LCE Manchester

WEX have got four of them, all Open Box examples. I am old and I can't get used to the idea of ordering expensive goods like that on trial and then sending them back if I don't like them. It's my loss, I guess.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Olybirder View Post
      WEX have got four of them, all Open Box examples. I am old and I can't get used to the idea of ordering expensive goods like that on trial and then sending them back if I don't like them. It's my loss, I guess.

Ron
      Likewise... I think itís called a sense of honour.

Comment

No I can't do that either. I certainly wouldn't order something just to try it out. I'll only send stuff back if there is a problem with it.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
          No I can't do that either. I certainly wouldn't order something just to try it out. I'll only send stuff back if there is a problem with it.
          Yes, me too.
          Ultimately we all pay more because of people doing that: suppliers will build in the predicted cost of it happening to their base prices.
          Regards,
          Mark

------------------------------
          http://www.microcontrast.com
          Too much Oly gear.
          Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
          Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
            Was hoping one of you would buy then sell to me at a discount. My sis is in High Wycombe and is coming over in June

Went over to WEX camera to have a peek. The used price in UK is higher than a NEW unit in M'sia. The exchange difference can't be that much. I would only need to pay about GBP 2,526.00.
            * Henry
            * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

Originally posted by blu-by-u View Post
              Was hoping one of you would buy then sell to me at a discount. My sis is in High Wycombe and is coming over in June

Went over to WEX camera to have a peek. The used price in UK is higher than a NEW unit in M'sia. The exchange difference can't be that much. I would only need to pay about GBP 2,526.00.
              This doesn't make much sense to me Henry. If they are cheaper new in Malaysia why not just buy one there?

Comment

Just not willing to spend that much on a heavy camera. One of the reason I adopted the 4/3 and later the m4/3 system, it was the size and weight. It does not make sense to have a body that's close to 1kg. BUT you sell me a unit with say 50% lower, I might consider it as a second camera just for local use. (ie from car to point of use less than 100 feet)
                * Henry
                * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

I think you will need to wait a few years to get it 50% cheaper
                  But by then there will probably be a smaller and lighter version to go for that fits better what both you and I would want.

Comment

Try not to get too excited. There's one on the "for sale" forum here...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by blu-by-u View Post
                      The used price in UK is higher than a NEW unit in M'sia. The exchange difference can't be that much. I would only need to pay about GBP 2,526.00.

There's 20% VAT here, perhaps that makes up some of the new price difference?
                      Regards
                      Richard

Comment

Working...
                      X