Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Olympus OMD - EM1X ?

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
    We'll find out when we know what sensor will be used in it. Leaks (from Simon) indicate it won't be much different in pixel count (maybe up to 24MP) to the E-M1 Mk II but improved in low light & high ISO performance, so I guess we'll eventually find out how good it will be.
    Someone mentioned at the Westonbirt meet, it is Sony who makes the sensors going into our cameras. A friend is CEO for semi-conductors for Sony and he suggested I should go for the full frame camera with the largest sensor going, but they are expensive and out of my reach. But when the new Oly comes into play, hopefully the price of an EM1 Mark 2 will drop and become more affordable for the likes of me
    All the best

Phil
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/gatekeeperphil/44A3Dc

Comment

I really value compactness so even with a significant uplift in sensor performance I'm going to struggle to justify buying this new model based on its rumoured size alone. An embedded grip is actually a real turn off.

I'm definitely with Mark F on wanting whatever new sensor tech finds its way into the new model being swiftly moved down to a smaller body. I'd like that to be the E-M5iii - I barely use half the features on the E-M1ii as it is. The only reason I use it over the E-M5ii is because of the faster electronic shutter and the improved sensor. The rest of its bells and whistles (Pro capture etc) are of no real benefit to me. Its improved AF is helpful sometimes, but since I mostly shoot things that don't move much even that is a marginal feature.
      Paul
      E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
      flickr
      Portfolio Site
      Instagram

Comment

Regards,
        Mark

------------------------------
        http://www.microcontrast.com
        Too much Oly gear.
        Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
        Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Keeper View Post
          hopefully the price of an EM1 Mark 2 will drop and become more affordable for the likes of me
          Whilst I am intrigued by what new fancy tech the new model has, this is really my hope too. But even then, as a weekend landscape hobbyist, even an em1mkii is more of a want than a need!
          Junk on Flickr
          Even more Junk on Instagram

Comment

The SHG four thirds glass were (are) optically superb. Would it be possible for a new sensor with full time across the sensor PDAF and a fast processor to focus these lenses at the speed and accuracy that they deserve? Now that would make a good Olympic Games worthy combination. Just some idle pie in the sky never going to happen thinking.
            Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
            Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
            Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
            Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
            Learn something new every day

Comment

Apparently the new camera will be able to shoot hand held high resolution images.

https://www.43rumors.com/ft5-the-new...lution-images/

Thats amazing.
              Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post
                Apparently the new camera will be able to shoot hand held high resolution images.

Thats amazing.
                It sure is, although I guess it'll not work at very fast total shutter speeds - in other words, it'll probably rely on dual IS - and surely it'll be of more interest to landscape and shooters of relatively slow-moving subjects?

Time will tell, but that is potentially an excellent development.
                Regards,
                Mark

------------------------------
                http://www.microcontrast.com
                Too much Oly gear.
                Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
                Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

That's answered one of my questions ! For everyone who likes to use a grip, would we be looking at another additional purchase ? If 4/3 rumors is correct, obviously not !

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post

Thats amazing.
                    I'm wondering if the trick is a so-called "global shutter"? If so, it'll open up all sorts of interesting multi shot techniques such as high DR and low noise stacking.
                    Paul
                    E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
                    flickr
                    Portfolio Site
                    Instagram

Comment

The High Res mode works at 1/60th sec.

https://www.43rumors.com/ft5-high-re...orks-at-1-60s/
                      Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
                        I'm wondering if the trick is a so-called "global shutter"? If so, it'll open up all sorts of interesting multi shot techniques such as high DR and low noise stacking.
                        Can you, or anyone else please explain what a 'Global Shutter' is or what it will do - I've heard the term a few times now...
                        Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by stevewestern View Post
                          Can you, or anyone else please explain what a 'Global Shutter' is or what it will do - I've heard the term a few times now...
                          Thanks !
                          here you go.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora...global-shutter
                          Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Having bought my EM1 mk2 in April I don't think that I will be getting the X version. Way out of reach (likely) price-wise. I wonder how successful it will be and how many Canikon users will flock to it. Hmmmm.
                            Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Canicon users will probably stay away from it, regardless of whether it's a game changer, world beater, etc. because they wouldn't want to lose face with all the other head in the sand, broad shouldered, strong-armed, love of all things massive Canikon users.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith-369 View Post
                                Canicon users will probably stay away from it, regardless of whether it's a game changer, world beater, etc. because they wouldn't want to lose face with all the other head in the sand, broad shouldered, strong-armed, love of all things massive Canikon users.
                                Except for the ones that have already 'seen the light' & are using Olympus gear (&/or Panasonic) now.
                                Ross
                                I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                                Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                                Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                                Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                                Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Working...
                                X