Software updater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software updater

I have tried to download Olympus digital camera updater but it seems to have changed. Can someone please give me simple instructions to update the software on my m10 via windows 64 bit pc?

Re: Software updater

Originally posted by Brian View Post
    I have tried to download Olympus digital camera updater but it seems to have changed. Can someone please give me simple instructions to update the software on my m10 via windows 64 bit pc?
    Not sure what software version you are trying to update with, but Olympus have updated the update software (??)

The latest Olympus Workspace has the update software include in it...

Hope that helps.

Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Thank you very much. I now know that the Olympus Workspace will give option to download system update. However, I have a problem. When I open Workspace I receive a message that cannot find camera. If I click this off the screen, my camera photos are there and quite happily transfer to my pc. I don't understand how it can not see my camera and at the same transfer my photos.
      Having said this, I cannot find any reference to downloading the camera software.
      I have the camera connected by its own lead and set to ' storage ".
      Am I doing something stupid or is there an explanation somewhere.
      Any further help will be most appreciated. Brian.

Comment

Yes I must admit I have had the same problem too. But with perseverance it will work.

The standalone updater works without Workspace, version 2.1.3, or at least it did last time I used it. Maybe that's worth a try if you can find it...
        Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Thanks again. Thought I had it made. Downloaded update which I believe is 1.4 and it said I was up to date but camera only says 1.2. As you say, keep trying!
          Brian.

Comment

It is possible to upgrade the camera firmware using an SD card but I've never tried it and it's unofficial as far as I can tell.
            https://lightsnowdev.com/Olympus/index.html
            There's a thread about it here somewhere.
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/amcuk/

Comment

Possibly a schoolboy error?

For firmware updates you need to choose the logo of the camera attached to the pc not storage.

Comment

My problem too. Choosing Storage did eventually get me to
                the updating, not sure how...

Thanks Walti
                Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

I've just updated my update software, (Mac version) it now tells you to set the camera to storage for an update!

Just in case you weren't confused before!

Comment

Well yes. I. Am confused. Have removed the Sandisk card and now the pc does not find my camera at all. Looks like I am stuck with 1.2 software!

Comment

I use Windows 7 64 bit with Olympus Workspace v.1.2 software loaded.
                      As I indicate below, it appears necessary to have at least one image on the SD card.

Simple instructions as requested:
                      1. Start the Olympus Workspace software on your PC.
                      2. With the camera switched 'off', connect the proprietary Olympus lead from the camera to a USB socket on the computer.
                      3. Switch 'on' the camera and ensure that the battery is fully charged.
                      4. Check the rear screen of the camera, which should show 'USB' followed by a list of options
                      5. Ensure that the 'Storage' option is selected
                      6. Press the 'OK' button on the camera to select this option
                      7. The Camera Screen should show ' one moment' and display the SD card icon briefly
                      8. Click on the 'Camera' menu in Olympus Workspace and select 'Update' from the drop-down list
                      9. I tried this with my old E-M5 and at the first attempt the Olympus Workspace Updater reported 'unable to update this camera'
                      10. After removing the camera from the computer, I found that the SD card had no images on it, so I took a single shot.
                      11. I started the Updater process again and it now continued to the next stage.
                      12. The software should now connect to the internet and a long message starting with 'notes on updating firmware' should appear on the PC screen
                      13. Click the 'Next' button at the bottom of this screen and, after a pause while an 'in progress' circle appears, a list of camera and lens firmware should appear, showing both the current versions and the latest versions for your camera.
                      14. Select the item you wish to update from the list and press 'Next' (or it may be 'continue' - I can't remember and my camera is now up to date, so I don't get this message)
                      15. Advisory messages will appear warning not to switch off the camera while update is in progress.
                      16. After a while, the rear screen of the camera will light up with a message that the firmware is being updated.
                      17. Do not switch off or disconnect the camera until the message on the rear screen changes to 'OK' in large letters
                      18. Switch off and disconnect the camera.
                      19. Select the menu item 'Firmware' on the camera to check that the version you require is now installed.

Good luck! If this doesn't work then perhaps your connection lead is damaged in some way.
                      Mike
                      visit my Natural History Photos website:
                      http://www.botanicdesign.co.uk/Natur...story/home.htm

Comment

Thank you for going to so much trouble to help me.
                        Before I start, two observations. When I first tried to connect, my camera photos appeared on the pc and at the same time a message to say couldn't find camera! I then read that I should remove the memory card - only one slot on this camera.i did so and then the message was can't connect Try again" I did so many time but still no connect.
                        I will now reinstall the card and follow your instructions. I will do this tomorrow and let you know how I get on. In the meantime, many thanks.
                        Brian.

Comment

Thank you for going to so much trouble to help me.

Actually, I wrote this out when I was gob-smacked that my E-M5 didn't work the first time! I sincerely hope you'll get there eventually
                          Mike
                          visit my Natural History Photos website:
                          http://www.botanicdesign.co.uk/Natur...story/home.htm

Comment

Brian. I have just connected the camera and got through to the Updater.

here's how;

Connect camera via USB (not switched on yet)

Run Workspace and go to camera then updater. Switch on camera and Ok to storage.

PC goes to the normal download screen, just close that window, and the next window. Workspace should still be running, on my pooter, its high-lit in the taskbar. Click that, and the updater part of the programme will kick in. You should then see the connecting to server message, and with luck get to the biz.

Sounds a bit "buggy" to me, but I have just done that and got to the updater...

Good luck,
                            Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

Just to throw another check in, make sure Olympus Workspace is updated to its latest level too (for Windows it is 1.2).
                              Ross
                              I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                              Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                              Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                              Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                              Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Working...
                              X