Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

O.I. Share, Android vs Apple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.I. Share, Android vs Apple

I have the app on both systems. The Apple app is much smoother, much better frame rate. I only noticed this after showing the WiFi to some one at TPS and saw the dreadful frame rate. The reps at the Oly stand lead me to believe it was interference at the show. But nothing changed when I got home, so I tried the iPod and it was smooth as butter. Both the Android phone, and the iPod have similar processors, 1ghz. Actually it ran smoother on the iPod than my Asus HD 7 tablet. Anybody else notice this?

Re: O.I. Share, Android vs Apple

I've not used it in anger, but my limited experience concurs with yours. Mind you, my Android tablet is a couple-of-years-ol Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. I think Android has improved since then.
    Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by pvasc View Post
      Actually it ran smoother on the iPod than my Asus HD 7 tablet.
      the device and operating system version (combined) will have more of an effect than Android v Apple

you can't separate processor from screen structure, memory and resolution either
      E, Pen and OM-D bodies
      43 m43 and legacy glass
      loads of flashes and accessories from all the systems

Comment

Originally posted by pvasc View Post
        I have the app on both systems. The Apple app is much smoother, much better frame rate. I only noticed this after showing the WiFi to some one at TPS and saw the dreadful frame rate. The reps at the Oly stand lead me to believe it was interference at the show. But nothing changed when I got home, so I tried the iPod and it was smooth as butter. Both the Android phone, and the iPod have similar processors, 1ghz. Actually it ran smoother on the iPod than my Asus HD 7 tablet. Anybody else notice this?
        Have you tried both settings under Remote Control live view priority on Android? There's one for quality and one for speed.
        Bruce

http://flickr.com/photos/bruce-clarke/

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Clarke View Post
          Have you tried both settings under Remote Control live view priority on Android? There's one for quality and one for speed.
          No I haven't, I didn't know that, I'll have a look....both speed priority.

Comment

Working...
          X