Af target are problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Af target are problem

I have the omd E-10 Mark II. I have set the home position for the AF target area right in the middle. However, sometimes, when I am using the eyepiece for shooting, a grid pops up and the green target area moves around. Why? Thanks Tim

Re: Af target are problem

Try turning that touch screen off. My NOSE was touching the screen and driving that AF targeting screen. (and Stop Laughing. It could be only me)
    * Henry
    * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

No not only you Henry . Never done it myself though
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Yup - it is the nose on the touch screen. But I woke up, had a coffee, and dug deep in the menu and discovered a setting "AF Targeting Pad", turned it to 'off' and the problem went away. Thanks

Comment

Think it's because I use my left eye. the nose just keeps moving the targeting point.

TClement, there is an icon on the lower right that allows on/off, finger AF of the targeting pad.
          * Henry
          * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

Originally posted by blu-by-u View Post
            Think it's because I use my left eye. the nose just keeps moving the targeting point.

TClement, there is an icon on the lower right that allows on/off, finger AF of the targeting pad.
            Can you also turn it on or off by double tapping the screen? I thought that was the case, but testing just now I had trouble making that happen so maybe I just imagined it. Can anyone confirm?

Comment

In my EM1, there are 3 selection on the LCD. Off, move targeting or select to capture.
              * Henry
              * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

On the E-M10ii there are three modes for the touchscreen - touch to focus, touch to focus & shoot and off.
                All of those are disabled if you have the EVF active and the screen off.

There is also the AF target pad which allows you to move the target point using the screen while using the EVF. I had mine turned off but I'm trying it again as it should be easier than using the arrow buttons. If I recall I turned it off for the same nose related reasons when I first got the camera. I'm also a left eye shooter which may explain things.
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/amcuk/

Comment

Working...
                X