E620

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E620

As theE620 does not have wi fi, I want to know how to transfer files from camera
    To Android tablet (Huawei). Can anyone assist me please? I do not have a PC these days.

Re: E620

A card reader might do it. You'd need a USB to micro-USB cable as well.
    Best wishes

Wildwood

Comment

Thankyou for the suggestion but I have already tried this. I can access the photos in photo viewer but I can't find any app.which will allow me to open or save them. The only Olympus app.is for wi fi only.
      Since discarding my PC, I have been stuck with photos on camera.
      Maybe someone knows if wi_fi can be added to this camera which uses an Olympus picture card.

Thank again. Brian.

Comment

There are external backup drives that you can put a memory card into and it will download the cards contents onto the drive. Perhaps one of those could then connect to your device?
        Junk on Flickr
        Even more Junk on Instagram

Comment

Buying a cheap old PC or laptop with the right connections might be a route. As long as you don't connect to the internet it hardly matters what operating system it has.
          David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

You could use SD cards with an adaptor and use a 'filehub' to transfer the files:

https://thetechnologyman.com/review-...or-smartphone/

But it might work out cheaper to buy a cheap laptop, as 'Melaka' suggests.

Jim

Comment

The file manager on the Huawei tablet (I can't remember the app's correct name) should be able to see the SD card in a card reader and then allow you to move the photos to one of the tablet's native folders.

*Update* On my Huawei tablet the app is simply called Files.

*Update 2* I forgot that the 620 doesn't use SD cards but that isn't really relevant as long as your card reader supports the type of card you're using.
              Steve

Comment

The Olympus E-620 uses either CompactFlash, Microdrive, or xD-Picture Cards not SD Cards. I looked into the problem of transferring photos from a camera to a tablet a while ago and it seems not all tablets come with a "File Manager App" pre-installed. I can't comment about the Huawei tablet but if it doesn't have the file or file manager app, these are freely available from the Google Play Store.

Using the file manager app and a suitable E-620 camera cable together with a micro USB to female standard USB adapter for the tablet, should enable the photos to be transferred, although I never did get round to doing it on my tablet.

You may need to consider increasing the tablet's memory via an SD Card ( Assuming it has that facility ) if you intend to transfer a lot of photos. Hope this helps.

Jax

Comment

There is a SD to CF adapter which allows the cheaper SD to be used in CD only cameras. It's not expensive. With that adapter, you can use that WiFi SD and connect your android pad to it.

Another way would be to get that micro USB to Female USB cable. Then you can connect the camera directly to the android pad as an external storage.
                  * Henry
                  * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

Nice one Henry you got there before me. I was going to suggest an adaptor and wi-fi SD card idea. Wasn't sure it was possible though. I suppose you could always use two adaptors a CF to SD and an SD to microSD and then just take the micro card out and put it directly into the tablet. I use an SD to microSD adaptor all the time so I can use the micro card in my Samsung tablet so I know that bit works.
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micro-USB...YAAOSwH1lZtnIr

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
                        Nice one Henry you got there before me. I was going to suggest an adaptor and wi-fi SD card idea. Wasn't sure it was possible though. I suppose you could always use two adaptors a CF to SD and an SD to microSD and then just take the micro card out and put it directly into the tablet. I use an SD to microSD adaptor all the time so I can use the micro card in my Samsung tablet so I know that bit works.

There's no difference from a host device point-of-view between a USB-mounted CF card and a USB-mounted SD card.
                        Best wishes

Wildwood

Comment

Working...
                        X