Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-M1 Firmware update

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: E-M1 Firmware update

    Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
    There is one 'positive' out of that, it forces you to go right through the menu settings & for you to review each of those settings.
    I filled in one of the spreadsheets that someone created, but with a backup E-M1, I find it quicker just to go through all the menus on both and copy manually. Having said that, I've left mine on 4.3 as I don't have any of the lenses that later updates were for, so avoided the extra version to fix the mistake.
    Bruce

    http://flickr.com/photos/bruce-clarke/

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: E-M1 Firmware update

      Originally posted by Bruce Clarke View Post
      I filled in one of the spreadsheets that someone created, but with a backup E-M1, I find it quicker just to go through all the menus on both and copy manually. Having said that, I've left mine on 4.3 as I don't have any of the lenses that later updates were for, so avoided the extra version to fix the mistake.
      Mine is still on 4.4. I'll get around to it when I have nothing more interesting to do.
      Ross
      I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
      Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
      Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
      Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
      Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: E-M1 Firmware update

        Originally posted by Bruce Clarke View Post
        I've left mine on 4.3 as I don't have any of the lenses that later updates were for, so avoided the extra version to fix the mistake.
        Only the major changes get listed. There are often smaller fixes applied too, so it's usually worth upgrading in the hope you avoid a problem you may not be aware of at the moment. .
        Steve

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: E-M1 Firmware update

          Originally posted by raichea View Post
          Only the major changes get listed. There are often smaller fixes applied too, so it's usually worth upgrading in the hope you avoid a problem you may not be aware of at the moment. .
          I agree early on, there may be something useful that's not declared, but the E-M1 has had it's share of goodies, so it's pretty much in maintenance mode now I think. Shout if I'm missing something exciting though Steve
          Bruce

          http://flickr.com/photos/bruce-clarke/

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: E-M1 Firmware update

            You're probably right Bruce.
            Steve

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: E-M1 Firmware update

              Mine is still on v4.4, might get round to updating it one day, but not in any rush

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: E-M1 Firmware update

                Although early days yet, has anyone found any 'hidden' feature improvements with the v4.6 update? I have no plans to use the new Olympus radio controlled flash system (I use Godox) so can see no benefit in loosing all my settings for something I don't need - unless Olympus have tweeked some other features without telling us.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: E-M1 Firmware update

                  I had to update my new 12-100 firmware, so decided to do one of my E-M1s (from 4.3). Wiped the lot including copyright and file prefix. Took an hour to delve into the menus and copy settings from my other one, and still missed a few. The joys of Oly menus! I'll also have to copy back AF corrections for my 4/3 lenses. Not noticed anything else yet, but not had much time. Beginning to think I shouldn't have bothered! Other one next...
                  Bruce

                  http://flickr.com/photos/bruce-clarke/

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: E-M1 Firmware update

                    Originally posted by Bruce Clarke View Post
                    I had to update my new 12-100 firmware, so decided to do one of my E-M1s (from 4.3). Wiped the lot including copyright and file prefix. Took an hour to delve into the menus and copy settings from my other one, and still missed a few. The joys of Oly menus! I'll also have to copy back AF corrections for my 4/3 lenses. Not noticed anything else yet, but not had much time. Beginning to think I shouldn't have bothered! Other one next...
                    Interesting, I've never had the copyright info wiped during an update of the MkI.
                    Steve

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: E-M1 Firmware update

                      Originally posted by raichea View Post
                      Interesting, I've never had the copyright info wiped during an update of the MkI.
                      I don't remember that either Steve. Just done the second one, and that's the same. It didn't actually lose the AF lens data luckily, it just needed turning on again in the menu The menu settings where you set up what gets displayed cycling through with the Info button for the LCD and EVF are a right mess, seemingly overlapping in different places.
                      Bruce

                      http://flickr.com/photos/bruce-clarke/

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: E-M1 Firmware update

                        Originally posted by Bruce Clarke View Post
                        I don't remember that either Steve. Just done the second one, and that's the same. It didn't actually lose the AF lens data luckily, it just needed turning on again in the menu The menu settings where you set up what gets displayed cycling through with the Info button for the LCD and EVF are a right mess, seemingly overlapping in different places.
                        Well at least the results are consistent

                        I did hope that Olympus would add saving/restoring settings to the MkI but that seems very (very!) unlikely now.
                        Steve

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: E-M1 Firmware update

                          Don't think I'll bother, doesn't seem much to gain from 4.4

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: E-M1 Firmware update

                            From the Olympus website the only other feature I can see is as follows

                            "Operation error while shooting at slow shutter speed in firmware version 4.5 has been corrected"

                            I have never heard of the above issue.

                            Unless new info comes to light, I find going back through my my book I purchased a royal pain for the sake of this update.
                            EM-1 MK1 - No website containing any of my photos until I'm good enough!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: E-M1 Firmware update

                              Originally posted by timboo View Post
                              From the Olympus website the only other feature I can see is as follows

                              "Operation error while shooting at slow shutter speed in firmware version 4.5 has been corrected"

                              I have never heard of the above issue.

                              Unless new info comes to light, I find going back through my my book I purchased a royal pain for the sake of this update.
                              I'm on 4.4 but if you have updated to 4.5 then you should also update to 4.6 to correct the fault introduced in 4.5.
                              Ross
                              I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                              Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                              Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                              Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                              Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: E-M1 Firmware update

                                Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
                                I'm on 4.4 but if you have updated to 4.5 then you should also update to 4.6 to correct the fault introduced in 4.5.
                                EM-1 MK1 - No website containing any of my photos until I'm good enough!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X