Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Shutter count display issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutter count display issue

I've tried countless times to get my EM1 mk1 to show it's shutter count but to no avail. Has anyone else had any issues. Mine just gets stuck at the camera designation page (item 6 below) and wont go any further despite following the subsequent sequences. Basically this is a prelude to posting it for sale hence my question. All help very gratefully received.

The sequence I've been using is as follows.
    1.Turn the camera ON while holding down the MENU button;
    2.Once the LCD screen lights up, release the MENU button and then press it again briefly;
    3.Use the arrow pad to move DOWN to the SPANNER item in the menu and press RIGHT;
    4.Use the arrow pad to move DOWN to the BRIGHTNESS item in the menu and press RIGHT;
    5.Press INFO;
    6.Press OK, and a screen showing the camera designation will come up;
    7.Press arrow pad UP;
    8.Press arrow pad DOWN;
    9.Press arrow pad LEFT;
    10.Press arrow pad RIGHT;
    11.Press the SHUTTER RELEASE button;
    12.Press arrow pad UP (a PAGE 1 with some abbreviations and numbers appears);
    13.Press arrow pad RIGHT to move to PAGE 2;
    14.Write down the number to the right of "R" of "MS" on PAGE 2. This is the number of shutter releases (the number to the right of "S" is the number of times the flash has fired);
    15.Switch the camera off to revert back to normal operating mode.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Re: Shutter count display issue

That's always worked for me Phill. The sequence looks right. If you're getting to stage 6 then the camera is obviously going into maintenance mode. All I can suggest is that you make sure that the keypad buttons are all working correctly (e.g. by using them to move the AF cursor when the camera is operating normally.
    Paul
    E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
    flickr
    Portfolio Site
    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
      I've tried countless times to get my EM1 mk1 to show it's shutter count but to no avail. Has anyone else had any issues. Mine just gets stuck at the camera designation page (item 6 below) and wont go any further despite following the subsequent sequences. Basically this is a prelude to posting it for sale hence my question. All help very gratefully received.

The sequence I've been using is as follows.
      1.Turn the camera ON while holding down the MENU button;
      2.Once the LCD screen lights up, release the MENU button and then press it again briefly;
      3.Use the arrow pad to move DOWN to the SPANNER item in the menu and press RIGHT;
      4.Use the arrow pad to move DOWN to the BRIGHTNESS item in the menu and press RIGHT;
      5.Press INFO;
      6.Press OK, and a screen showing the camera designation will come up;
      7.Press arrow pad UP;
      8.Press arrow pad DOWN;
      9.Press arrow pad LEFT;
      10.Press arrow pad RIGHT;
      11.Press the SHUTTER RELEASE button;
      12.Press arrow pad UP (a PAGE 1 with some abbreviations and numbers appears);
      13.Press arrow pad RIGHT to move to PAGE 2;
      14.Write down the number to the right of "R" of "MS" on PAGE 2. This is the number of shutter releases (the number to the right of "S" is the number of times the flash has fired);
      15.Switch the camera off to revert back to normal operating mode.
      You forgot to roll up your trouser leg and hold a daily Telegraph.........

Madness isn't it?????????????

Mj
      Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

All buttons working fine Paul.
        Ah I used the Christmas radio Times Mark maybe that's where I was going wrong
        You are correct why on earth is it made so complex to get this info. All I can think of is that there is some setting somewhere that is messing it up.

Comment

Hi Phil
          I can confirm the instructions work. Mind you it took 3 or 4 attempts. Would suggest doing points 7 to 11 with minimal delay between each step. What I mean is if I stopped part way to check next step then procedure failed.
          Good luck

Comment

Pault you are a genius, speed is obviously of the essence here as two more goes and it worked at last! Arthritic fingers and thumbs don't help in doing this.
            Thanks for your help everyone.

Comment

Glad to have been of help

Comment

Working...
              X