Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

My E-M1 is faulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My E-M1 is faulty

I was out using my E-M1 today when it stopped working at first I though the battery had died on me
    I now know the shuuter is shut and now it will not switch off. Now I am annoyed at myself for misisng the extended warranty by a few weeks.
    So now I have 2 cameras to send away http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44698
    OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Re: My E-M1 is faulty

I am not having fun dealing with this either.
    I cannot get into the online system to register a repair even having an email sent to me for a new password will not work.
    I did ring up about the E-M5II but never got the email I was promised so I will try again tomorrow.
    OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

Comment

Feel your pain.
      * Henry
      * Malaysia

All my garbage so far.

Comment

Keep us in the loop Alf; we share your anger and frutration.
        Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
        Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
        Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
        Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
        Learn something new every day

Comment

Pretty bad service from Olympus. A couple years since I had a problem with my E1. It was collected repaired and back within a week-it impressed me know end. Hope it gets sorted quickly Alf

Comment

Thanks all the electronic system was working today and I registered both cameras and sent them off today.

Comment

Comment

Steve

on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alfbranch View Post
                  I was out using my E-M1 today when it stopped working at first I though the battery had died on me
                  I now know the shuuter is shut and now it will not switch off. Now I am annoyed at myself for misisng the extended warranty by a few weeks.
                  So now I have 2 cameras to send away http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44698
                  FYI i phoned and sent an email to olympus re warranty and they will not extend warranty no matter what. I missed out on mine thinking it was 2 1/2 years lol.

Hope mine doesnt go wrong in the next 3 yrs.

Glad you got sorted though.
                  EM-1 MK1 - No website containing any of my photos until I'm good enough!

Comment

Based on repair cost for alfbranch's EM1, Olympus seem to be very fair when it comes to out of warranty repairs.
                    Steve

on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricoh View Post
                      Based on repair cost for alfbranch's EM1, Olympus seem to be very fair when it comes to out of warranty repairs.
                      Phewwwwwww
                      EM-1 MK1 - No website containing any of my photos until I'm good enough!

Comment

I was stunned at the price especially when at first glance the parts list was endless but it includes every screw they are replacing. I found Oly were cheaper than Luton Cameras when I needed my 12-60 repaired.

Originally posted by timboo View Post
                        FYI i phoned and sent an email to olympus re warranty and they will not extend warranty no matter what. I missed out on mine thinking it was 2 1/2 years lol.

Hope mine doesnt go wrong in the next 3 yrs.

Glad you got sorted though.
                        They will extend warranties for a fee while the camera is still in warranty.

Originally posted by Ricoh View Post
                        I agree.
                        I had been looking at secondhand prices to work out what my cut off point was as I suspected the shutter had failed but it had seen a lot of actuations around 120,000 I recall a month or so ago.

Comment

Originally posted by alfbranch View Post
                          I had been looking at secondhand prices to work out what my cut off point was as I suspected the shutter had failed but it had seen a lot of actuations around 120,000 I recall a month or so ago.
                          Seems to be a pattern of shutter problems with Olympus..........

See my new thread regarding Em1 mk1 and my old EPL5.

Getting to be not impressed.........
                          Mark Johnson

My Sailing Page

My Flickr

Comment

I must be lucky - have had literally over a dozen Olympus bodies in the last 15 years and none has suffered a shutter failure. The main problem I've noticed has been a couple of Four Thirds lenses where the aperture iris has stuck open intermittently.

I have a 50-200 SWD where the electronic focusing has stopped working (can still be used manually as SWD lenses have a focus ring clutch system). I suspect a very bad soaking (beyond normal expectation) is the cause.

I must investigate options for getting it fixed!

Ian
                            Founder and editor of:
                            Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
                            Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
                            Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
                            Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                            Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                            Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
                            NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X