Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

EM-1 Firmware update 4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EM-1 Firmware update 4.1

I have tried to update to firmware version 4.1 on my EM-1. I get a message informing me that the programme does not recognise my camera. Any idea

Re: EM-1 Firmware update 4.1

I've been thinking of doing mine for a while but you've just put me off. Hope someone comes up with some thoughts.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Have you got the latest version of the Olympus Viewer and/or Camera updater? (Try updating that before the camera)

Dave

Comment

Connect the camera to the computer. Then the camera when switch on will display a menu. Select the option as if downloading images. Start the update program and the camera will be recognised.
        Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
          I've been thinking of doing mine for a while but you've just put me off. Hope someone comes up with some thoughts.
          Don't think, just do it.
          First make sure the Updater is the latest or OV3 which incorporate the Updater. Then make sure the battery is freshly charged & all should go fine if you follow the instructions. You have done previous updates, haven't you?

Ross
          I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
          Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
          Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
          Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
          Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Thanks for all for your responses. I have now successfully updated my EM1. When I pressed Storage on the camera list and then Next on the computer screen it all worked perfectly. Updated 60 mm macro at the same time.

Comment

Working...
            X