Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Firmware updates - 2AM on Thursday 26th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Firmware updates - 2AM on Thursday 26th

Hi Updated my EM1 no problem - but where can i find the instructions for using the updated features?

Please help

Comment

The new manual is being discussed in this thread...
      http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40224

Chris
      Chris

Black OM-D E-M1 MkII, Silver PEN-F, Black Lumix GX7, and too many lenses!

Comment

Following up an earlier comment, I checked the Olympus update site at http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/...tware/firm/e1/
        and was surprised to see how many lenses have updated firmware too! I'll definitely have a busy weekend updating my outfit now! (The reason for many of the updates is quoted as improved stability for the aperture when shooting videos so it's not essential to my needs, but I thought I'd read somewhere that the 60mm f2.8 update is needed for focus stacking?)

The full list of updated Olympus M.Zuiko lenses is as follows:
        12mm f2.0
        17mm f1.8 (not the f2.8 though)
        25mm f1.8
        45mm f1.8
        60mm f2.8 Macro
        75mm f1.8
        7-14mm f2.8
        12-40mm f2.8 Pro
        40-150mm f2.8 Pro
        Chris

Black OM-D E-M1 MkII, Silver PEN-F, Black Lumix GX7, and too many lenses!

Comment

Just updated my EM-1, 12-40mm Pro, 40-150mm Pro and 45mm f1.8.
          I like the OVF and the silent shutter is totally silent. My Wife's Nikon D7000 has a quiet shutter mode but it's far from silent!

***Steve***
          See some of my pictures at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tagbartok/

https://picasaweb.google.com/tagbartok/

This is to remind myself that I'm sitting indoors instead of out there taking photos!

Comment

Originally posted by CJJE View Post
            Following up an earlier comment, I checked the Olympus update site at http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/...tware/firm/e1/
            and was surprised to see how many lenses have updated firmware too! I'll definitely have a busy weekend updating my outfit now! (The reason for many of the updates is quoted as improved stability for the aperture when shooting videos so it's not essential to my needs, but I thought I'd read somewhere that the 60mm f2.8 update is needed for focus stacking?)

12mm f2.0
            25mm f1.8
            45mm f1.8
            60mm f2.8 Macro
            75mm f1.8
            7-14mm f2.8
            12-40mm f2.8 Pro
            40-150mm f2.8 Pro

Thanks Chris,

my 12-50 also updated to v1.3

ATB Cliff
            Cliff, my Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/cliffscrivens/

Comment

Having problems with the silent shutter, it is silent and I cannot tell if I have taken a shot or not! Will be useful when I get used to it similar to taking a shot when camera cannot find focus!
              Ed

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?

Comment

Originally posted by Wee man View Post
                Having problems with the silent shutter, it is silent and I cannot tell if I have taken a shot or not! Will be useful when I get used to it similar to taking a shot when camera cannot find focus!
                If you have the photo review set to thumbnail size with Info then you can definitely tell that a photo was taken when that shows after a small blank out of the screen.
                Ross
                I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by CJJE View Post

12mm f2.0
                  25mm f1.8
                  45mm f1.8
                  60mm f2.8 Macro
                  75mm f1.8
                  7-14mm f2.8
                  12-40mm f2.8 Pro
                  40-150mm f2.8 Pro
                  The 14-42 EZ pancake has an update too for improved stability of the aperture when shooting videos.

Comment

Is it just me or is the auto focus quicker with V4?
                    Stuff from Cuba
                    More stuff from Cuba
                    It all started here

Comment

I'm impressed... body and lenses all updated without a glitch. And a quick play with some of the new features shows there's going to be some familiarisation required to get them under my fingers.

Nice one, Olympus! Glad I invested in an EM-1 now.
                      Steve

Comment

Just a little heads up, you can accidently grey out Focus BKT in the menu if you move our old friend the focus ring, but you can now get round this if you make MF clutch inoperative

ATB Cliff
                        Cliff, my Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/cliffscrivens/

Comment

Originally posted by cliff View Post
                          Just a little heads up, you can accidently grey out Focus BKT in the menu if you move our old friend the focus ring, but you can now get round this if you make MF clutch inoperative

ATB Cliff
                          My Focus Stacking box is greyed out What lenses can't this be used with (I know that 43rds ones can't)?
                          Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Originally posted by benvendetta View Post
                            My Focus Stacking box is greyed out What lenses can't this be used with (I know that 43rds ones can't)?
                            Focus Bracketing can be used with all (I think) Olympus M4/3's lenses whereas Focus Stacking can only be used with Oly 60mm macro, 12-40 & 40-150 Pro lenses.
                            Ross
                            I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                            Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                            Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                            Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                            Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by benvendetta View Post
                              60mm, 40-150mmPRO, and 12-40, for stacking. Not sure for bracketing, I think any m4/3 lens works.
                              Last edited by pvasc; 27th November 2015, 07:18 AM. Reason: Forgot important detail

Comment

Originally posted by pvasc View Post
                                60mm, 40-150mmPRO, and 12-40, for stacking. Not sure for bracketing, I think any m4/3 lens works.
                                Oly's notification before the release said bracketing would work with all m4/3 autofocus lenses, but since I don't currently have time to update my E-M1s I can't check: if that's right I expect my major use will be with the Panasonic 12-35 for landscape.

I've been really busy with work and we're away from today until Monday with friends, so it's going to have to be next week some time!
                                Regards,
                                Mark

------------------------------
                                http://www.microcontrast.com
                                Too much Oly gear.
                                Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
                                Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Working...
                                X