Firmware updates - 2AM on Thursday 26th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Firmware updates - 2AM on Thursday 26th

great looking shot thanks will be playing later.
    Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

Good grief, it does seem to work, even with an operator who hasn't got a clue what he is doing. I shot this Hardy Plumbago seed head with the 60mm macro, hand held at maximum aperture at default settings. All I need to do now is RTFM to find out how to use it properly.

Ron

Comment

Nice work, its so much more fun not to read the manual though Ron.

I've downloaded it but not opened it yet

Comment

Hi, I downloaded he update with no problem in about 4 minutes. However, after taking a few shots and pluging the camera in then clicking to download alas nothing happens. It does not automaticly start to down load as before.

Also How does one begin with the stacking procedure?

Comment

Originally posted by birdboy View Post
            Might want to re-think that John. Updated mine and first thing I tried was the S-OVF. I think it works and tried it a few time by switching between the two. To me there is a feel of OVF performance with the S-OVF setting. Tried CAF on a magpie that took off caught the frame in focus but that's only one test.
            Thanks birdboy, I've just had to look in the new manual as I hadn't heard of S-OVF before. It looks interesting, but I'm going to stick to the plan as I won't have time between now and Saturday's game to explore everything properly. The last thing I want is to be faffing around on the touchline tying to reset something that I don't understand properly - all the more so since the forecast for the weekend is pretty grim!

John

Comment

Yorky, can't help with the camera downloading query as I only ever download from the card but starting the focus stacking shot is easy.

Go to menu 2, across to the bracketing menu. Click the first focus bracketing screen to On, then left arrow across to the next from that and click that On as well

Come back out, checking that the bracketing function is still on and start shooting (I was working in Av mode)

It shoots a sequence of shots in Silent mode, then you will see the camera busy sign for a second or two whilst it processes the image stack - done

Comment

Where is this S-OVF setting?

Comment

Originally posted by groovy:groovy View Post
                  Where is this S-OVF setting?
                  Cog J 'Built-in EVF'.

Ron

Comment

After updating I went through my camera settings using the personalised Excel form from the Biofos site. I noticed that one or two settings now appear in different sections of the menu. We now need an updated version of the form with the modified and extra settings on it. I suppose I could do it myself but being a Mac user I am using OpenOffice to read it and Excel is not my strong point.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Olybirder View Post
                      Cog J 'Built-in EVF'.

Ron
                      Also added as part of the "Multi Function" Fn2 button

Comment

Originally posted by OM USer View Post
                        Now why can't we have a nice chunky update for the E-M5 Mk 1!
                        Possibly the same reason as the E-M10 not getting an update - nobody would upgrade to the MkII versions

Mike
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/eos-mike/

www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

Comment

Thanks. It doesn't seem to make any difference, though, I have to say. It still looks electronic, and it still has all the stuff that shows what the pic is going to look like.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what the point of it is. Or even what it is.

Comment

Gone with it; took a while but E-M1, 12 -40 Pro, 60 & 40-150Pro all updated. I have to head down to church to sort out child protection issues so will say a prayer all works as it should when I get back.
                            The new manual gives a listing of all changes in the last section.
                            Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

That's me sorted
                              All I need now is a 60mm Macro

Mike
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/eos-mike/

www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

Comment

I have just finished updating the firmware of my E-M1 and three Olympus lenses, Pro 12-40, Pro 40-150 and 60mm macro. I also have a Panasonic 35-100 which updated from v1.2 to 1.3. According to the details this allows double IS stabilisation. I do not know if this will work with an Olympus body or only with a Panasonc which has sensor based IS. I might try it out in the daylight tomorrow.
                                Archie

Comment

Working...
                                X