Olympus OM-D E-M1 Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympus OM-D E-M1 Warranty

Realising that the 2 year standard warranty on my E-M1 ends next month and then I only have the additional 6 months resulting from Service Plus, I've just asked Olympus Europe if there is any scheme available to extend the warranty for a further period.
    It transpires that there is and for 99 it's possible to take out a '3 years Extended Warranty For OM-D Bodies', giving a total warranty period of 5 years 6 months.
    The only condition is that you have to take out this additional warranty within the original 2 year warranty period.
    This additional warranty offer can be found at the Olympus On-Line shop, under 'Other Accessories' for PEN & OM-D Accessories.
    Apologies if this scheme has already been reported on this site before, but I wasn't aware of it.
    Regards
    Graham

Re: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Warranty

In view of the number of people reporting faulty rear wheels and attachment lugs this could well be a very wise purchase!

Chris
    Chris

Black OM-D E-M1 MkII, Silver PEN-F, Black Lumix GX7, and too many lenses!

Comment

Originally posted by CJJE View Post
      In view of the number of people reporting faulty rear wheels and attachment lugs this could well be a very wise purchase!

Chris
      Agreed, I took this out last week, the warranty on my E-M1 now continues to April 2019.

I purchased my Olympus extended warranty from WEX.

Dave

Comment

It's a nice idea but I shall probably replace it with the Mk2 before then!

Comment

I might be having an old age moment, but I can't see it anywhere on the Olympus.co.uk site.
          Even searching for "Extended Warranty" only turns up a couple of things which aren't applicable (Just the Service Plus 6 month extension).
          There is however an option under My Products to register the number of the 3 year extended warranty.
          Best Regards
          Bill

The nearest I have to a home page.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
          They're Watching You!

Comment

https://shop.olympus.eu/UK-en/other-...ies-p-2328.htm

Comment

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

As above, but cannot make contact due to site maintenance.
                Ed

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?

Comment

How is the proof of warranty delivered - is it the email that delivers the invoice or is there a special piece of paper shipped to prove the warranty?
                  This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by DerekW View Post
                    How is the proof of warranty delivered - is it the email that delivers the invoice or is there a special piece of paper shipped to prove the warranty?
                    The extra warranty is "delivered" as a code which you have to use to activate it on the My Olympus site. https://my.olympus-consumer.com/

In my case I got the three year extended warranty free for pre- ordering the E-M10 Mk II. It came as a box (about the size of a CD containing various bits of paper including the magic code) from SRS from whom I bought the camera. It pays to register any bodies and lenses you buy with My Olympus as you automatically get six months extra warranty ( on a new purchase) just for registering. It then means that Olympus have a record of the dates of purchase and serial numbers of all your kit which makes life much simpler if you need to resolve any problems in the future.

Regards.
                    Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
                    OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
                    Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Got mine sorted by phone , they send out paperwork with the code number which you input in the registered section of the Olympus site
                      Ed

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?

Comment

Thanks for explaining - I should get my package in the next few days.
                        This space for rent

Comment

You know that its really sad that so many posts on this forum are about warranties and repairs.

When we started on here the posts were about pictures and I never considered the warranty other than being a bit of paper I put in a drawer and forgot about

I have to say that it's all these posts that stop me moving to micro 4/3 which I know I will need to sometime but I hope for some robustnes and reliability improvements first

Regards
                          Andy
                          My Kit (OK I'm a hoarder...)
                          4/3 E500, E510, E30 + 35macro, 50macro, 7-14, 11-22, 14-45 (x2), 14-54, 40-150 (both types), 50-200, 70-300, 50-500,
                          m 4/3 EM1MkII + 60 macro, 12-100 Pro
                          FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
                          The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
                          http://www.shenstone.me.uk
                          http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
                          https://vimeo.com/shenstone
                          http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by shenstone View Post
                            You know that its really sad that so many posts on this forum are about warranties and repairs.

When we started on here the posts were about pictures and I never considered the warranty other than being a bit of paper I put in a drawer and forgot about

I have to say that it's all these posts that stop me moving to micro 4/3 which I know I will need to sometime but I hope for some robustnes and reliability improvements first

Regards
                            Andy
                            Hi Andy.
                            I can understand where you are coming from. However, there are a number of factors that I suspect lead you to a rather too pessimistic perception.

Firstly, the group has many more members now and secondly there are many many more Olympus cameras "in circulation", especially since the introduction of the OM-D range. The existence of more cameras and more members will inevitably mean that you will read a greater number of references to warranty/repairs but it is quite possible that the actual reliability statistics (ie. warranty claims/repair requirements per 1000 cameras) are better than they were previously.

The willingness of group members to share their knowledge and experience of all things Olympus I am sure contributes to our increased membership but will also mean that a number of people will initially join because they have a problem. This is great but of course may skew the apparent proportion of references to warranty etc.

I have owned a succession of Olympus E series cameras since my first E-410 and have never had a problem. Tempting fate to state this so I was pleased that the pre-order "sweetener" for my recently acquired E-M10 MkII was a free three year additional warranty (plus another six months for registering the camera with Olympus). My camera is now covered until August 2021 so I can now carry on taking photos and not worry about warranty/repair issues. Actually since you can now purchase the extra three year warranty for 99 I think that is (as an insurance) a reasonable deal for peace of mind.

Regards.
                            Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
                            OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
                            Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

If you think about it if they are offering a 3 year warranty for 99 then they must be very reliable or it would cost a lot more :-)
                              Regards
                              Michael

OM-D E-M5 mk2, m12-40mm f2.8, m25mm f1.8, m45mm f1.8, m60mm f2.8 Macro, M14‑150mm 1:4-5.6 II, M75-300mm MK2, Samyang 7.5mm f/3.5 fisheye

Comment

Working...
                              X