Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Wheel Problem.

Originally posted by CarolE View Post
    I got mine back on Tues, very impressed with the speedy service.
    I liked the personal letter, nice touch. I was also pleased that they provided me with a new battery after I'd mentioned it wasn't holding charge, I hope for better luck with this one.
    Steve.....did you get a leaflet included, the one which tells you to register for an extra 6 months warranty?
    I can't imagine they want me to register again but I would give it a go for an extra 6 months ;o)
    Hi Carol.
    I actually got mine back a week ago today. I thought I'd updated my post then but for some reason I didn't submit it. Mine was delivered to an InPost security locker at a local supermarket as I wouldn't have been at home to sign for the scheduled delivery. This was a choice offered by DHL and more convenient than trekking to their nearest depot.
    Nice touch the replacement battery, I just want my rubber seal for the battery grip connection interface back.

With regard to the extra warranty; I didn't receive the offer. I wonder, did you register your camera with Olympus when you originally bought it to qualify for the extra 6 months Service Plus warranty they offer or is it in addition to that?

***Steve***
    See some of my pictures at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tagbartok/

https://picasaweb.google.com/tagbartok/

This is to remind myself that I'm sitting indoors instead of out there taking photos!

Comment

Hmm - most frustrating, my new EM-1 is suffering the same problem, never saw this with my old EM-1. It does seem to be a very common problem now, I wonder why its not been resolved yet?

I'm just waiting to hear back from Olympus support before sending it back to have it fixed (its almost unusable at the moment as I can't consistently change aperture setting in Av mode nor shutter speed in Manual)

Comment

Originally posted by brian1208 View Post
        Hmm - most frustrating, my new EM-1 is suffering the same problem, never saw this with my old EM-1. It does seem to be a very common problem now, I wonder why its not been resolved yet?

I'm just waiting to hear back from Olympus support before sending it back to have it fixed (its almost unusable at the moment as I can't consistently change aperture setting in Av mode nor shutter speed in Manual)
        Just got mine back, took 7 days. At first it was intermittent, then it was a pain. I think I tried at one time to get by, by applying downward pressure to the dial as I turned it. But in the end I sent it in...only owned it a month. Some one mentioned that by spinning the dial rapidly for a bit clears it up for a little while too.

Comment

Excellent turn around time from Olympus, DHL collected it Monday and it was back in my hands this morning, looking brand spanking new, with the problem resolved, all my paperwork returned and their report on the repair included.

Shame it failed in the first place but top notch repair service - thanks Olympus

Comment

Originally posted by Olybirder View Post
            I feel that I am missing out here. I have one of the first E-M1s in the country and it has been perfect so far. It never suffered from a single lock up, unlike many, the rubber on the grips is still securely attached and the rear dial works as it should. I would quite like to send it away on holiday to Portugal to have its mythical corroded back panel, and impact damaged battery cover replaced and it would be nice to get a personal letter from Olympus. The postman doesn't call so often these days. I suppose it is back to boring old photography tomorrow as usual.

I have probably jinxed it now and it will now disintegrate in a pile of pieces.

Ron
            Shhhhhhhhh!
            I've got two early ones with shutter counts clocking away faultlessly to date, and now I'm getting completely paranoid!
            Regards,
            Mark

------------------------------
            http://www.microcontrast.com
            Too much Oly gear.
            Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
            Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Working...
            X