Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Kudos to Oly service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to Oly service

I sent my E-M1 back to Olympus to fix the perennial rear dial problem. It was back within the week, fully fixed and also with a new top plate since the old one was "damaged by external force" - it had a very small paint scratch on the left. No charge.

Very impressed!
    Paul
    E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
    flickr
    Portfolio Site
    Instagram

Re: Kudos to Oly service

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
    I sent my E-M1 back to Olympus to fix the perennial rear dial problem. It was back within the week, fully fixed and also with a new top plate since the old one was "damaged by external force" - it had a very small paint scratch on the left. No charge.

Very impressed!
    That's good to hear Paul,

The only other company I know that provides that level of service FOC is Leica.

Another reason why my favourite cameras are Olympus and Leica.

Kind regards, Simon
    “Sharpness is a bourgeois concept”
    ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Sounds like a good service Paul - I take it this was outside the guarantee period?
      Ian from the Cotswolds
      http://571photography.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Surely all EM1s are still under guarantee.
        David

EM1ii, EM10ii

Comment

Yes Olympus are pretty good at turning cameras around, but they do get quite a bit of practice at it don't they. The technicians should be able to fix the rear wheel with thier eyes closed now, unfortunately it's a common problem.
          Steve

on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Iansky View Post
            Sounds like a good service Paul - I take it this was outside the guarantee period?
            No - it's still in the warranty period Ian.
            Paul
            flickr
            Portfolio Site
            Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Ricoh View Post
              Yes Olympus are pretty good at turning cameras around, but they do get quite a bit of practice at it don't they. The technicians should be able to fix the rear wheel with thier eyes closed now, unfortunately it's a common problem.
              It does seem that Oly suffer from control wheel issues. The E-P5 has similar issues and the E-PL5 and E-PM2 tend to develop overly-sensitive dials around the rear buttons. Given all the other cool and very advanced tech, you'd think things like control wheels would be child's play.
              Paul
              flickr
              Portfolio Site
              Instagram

Comment

Yes, my EP5 went back for the same reason and from recollection it took 13 days in total, but SRS were the middle men.
                Can't be economical for any manufacturer to have to deal with so many warranty issues. Time will tell if they've learnt their lesson with the MK2 version of the EM5 and EM1.
                Steve

on flickr

Comment

Working...
                X