Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

E-M1..I've lost the touch screen AF positioning icon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-M1..I've lost the touch screen AF positioning icon.

I'm amazed, I considered that, afer all this time I knew pretty much, all there was to know about E-M1 settings.

BUT, I've lost the touch screen AF positioning, the "four corners of a square with the little hand".
    No way can I find to get it back, I have Off, Shutter Release and Magnify On/Off.
    I've even resorted to a full reset, with no luck...desperate I am

Not Firmware V3 is it?

HELP....please.

Re: E-M1..I've lost the touch screen AF positioning icon.

Hit it with a medium sized hammer???

I suspect you've disabled it somewhere in the menus, I take it you've looked at cog 'Dispaly'?
    Too many cameras!
    E-500, E-510, EPM1, EPL5, EP3, EP5, OM-D E M10, OM-D E M5, Trip 35mm, Samsung WP10 and Panasonic G6 plus lots of lenses many manual focus.

Photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/42941818@N07/

Comment

Originally posted by byegad View Post
      Hit it with a medium sized hammer???

I suspect you've disabled it somewhere in the menus, I take it you've looked at cog 'Dispaly'?
      I've looked everwhere, there does not seem to be a way of enabling/disabling it.

Comment

There is on the EM10, and EM5. It's one of those items you need to switch on yourself which is why factory reset didn't work.
        Too many cameras!
        E-500, E-510, EPM1, EPL5, EP3, EP5, OM-D E M10, OM-D E M5, Trip 35mm, Samsung WP10 and Panasonic G6 plus lots of lenses many manual focus.

Photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/42941818@N07/

Comment

Hang in there & I'll look up the manual (I'm in bed now).
          Ross
          I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
          Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
          Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
          Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
          Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

OK, I'm back. Go to Menu *K Utility & check that the Touch Screen Setting is ON. Also, make sure the Info screen has not hidden it.
            Ross
            Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
              OK, I'm back. Go to Menu *K Utility & check that the Touch Screen Setting is ON. Also, make sure the Info screen has not hidden it.
              Thanks Ross, I've scoured the 'useless' manual.

Page 27 is all I can find, aint no help though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave in Wales View Post
                Thanks Ross, I've scoured the 'useless' manual.

Page 27 is all I can find, aint no help though.
                Have you held Fn1 down while turning the rear wheel to change the Multifunction selection? Have you cycled the Info screens? What about pressing the OK button to clear the Last Function 1? Sorry, I need some sleep now but I hope those prompts might lead you to solving the issue.
                Ross

Comment

Have you held Fn1 down while turning the rear wheel to change the Multifunction selection? Have you cycled the Info screens? What about pressing the OK button to clear the Last Function 1? Sorry, I need some sleep now but I hope those prompts might lead you to solving the issue.
                  The Multifunction is not set on Magnify..!

Comment

try the right arrow on the 4 arrow pad, push and hold it and the screen is lock or unlock

Comment

Originally posted by kbouk View Post
                      try the right arrow on the 4 arrow pad, push and hold it and the screen is lock or unlock
                      Thank's but, no luck

Comment

I think it is maybe just the Info screen (after checking mine) as the touch screen icon won't be there if using the digital level screen. Press Info & cycle through the screens to see what happens.
                        Ross

Comment

I think it is maybe just the Info screen (after checking mine) as the touch screen icon won't be there if using the digital level screen. Press Info & cycle through the screens to see what happens.
                          Tried that ages ago, I'm at a loss.

I have posted the question on FOUR M4/3 forums....and drawn a blank.

Get that thinking cap on Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Dave in Wales View Post
                            Tried that ages ago, I'm at a loss.

I have posted the question on FOUR M4/3 forums....and drawn a blank.

Get that thinking cap on Ross
                            Sorry I couldn't help, but did you check Menu, *K, Utility & check that the Touch Screen Setting is ON?
                            Ross

Comment

Hi there Dave!

Silly question but are you in manual focus? I haven't got my E-M1 to hand, but I'm guessing that maybe you can't set it to AF point if you're set to manual focus.

Cheers,

Ralph.

Comment

Working...
                              X