Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-M1..I've lost the touch screen AF positioning icon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: E-M1..I've lost the touch screen AF positioning icon.

Yesterday I spoke with the Olympus service engineers.
    The camera they had on hand was an E-M1 with v3 firmware installed and it was the same as mine with the same three icons...OFF, MAGINIFY AND SHUTTER RELEASE.
    It would appear that the touch screen focusing and magnify have been combined in one icon....magnify on/magnify off....it does TS focusing and magnify.
    I questioned him about other members having the original icons after installing v3.
    This he could not understand because the camera he held in his hand had the same icons as mine.
    I suggested perhaps ther were more than one v3 out there, he had no answer.

Comment

I have just been playing with my camera. In live view the green touch screen icon appears on the left hand side. There are three choices which are changed by touching it:

1. Disabled

2. AF target (green rectangle with pointing finger.) When this is selected, touching the required focusing point on the screen produces a green target rectangle. This can be dragged around and the size changed by a slider on the right. When doing this the icon at the side changes to a green rectangle with 'off' next to. Touching this makes the green target rectangle on the screen disappear. In this mode a white magnifying glass appears at the bottom right of the screen. Touching this gives a magnified view and touching the screen selects the focusing point. The shutter is released by the shutter button.

3. Touch screen focusing and shutter release. When this is selected, touching the screen instantly focuses and releases the shutter.

Which of these is different or missing on your camera Dave?

Ron

Comment

As a. Newbie to olympus and of no help to dave Wales you can also set the green focus square to do 2sec delay after pressing? now that's neat.
        Kind regards mike
        http://www.wingsofnature.org

Comment

Originally posted by Mdb2 View Post
          As a. Newbie to olympus and of no help to dave Wales you can also set the green focus square to do 2sec delay after pressing? now that's neat.
          Kind regards mike
          Yes, & it's neat that you can also hold your finger on the focus spot for continuous shooting too.
          Ross
          I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
          Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
          Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
          Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
          Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Olybirder View Post
            I have just been playing with my camera. In live view the green touch screen icon appears on the left hand side. There are three choices which are changed by touching it:

1. Disabled

2. AF target (green rectangle with pointing finger.) When this is selected, touching the required focusing point on the screen produces a green target rectangle. This can be dragged around and the size changed by a slider on the right. When doing this the icon at the side changes to a green rectangle with 'off' next to. Touching this makes the green target rectangle on the screen disappear. In this mode a white magnifying glass appears at the bottom right of the screen. Touching this gives a magnified view and touching the screen selects the focusing point. The shutter is released by the shutter button.

3. Touch screen focusing and shutter release. When this is selected, touching the screen instantly focuses and releases the shutter.

Which of these is different or missing on your camera Dave?

Ron
            I have all of these, my confusion came about because I was not refering to the latest manual

Comment

Working...
            X