New Sony m4/3 sensor for Olympus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sony m4/3 sensor for Olympus?

I really hope that this comes to fruition!
    http://www.43rumors.com/olympus-may-...thirds-sensor/

Re: New Sony m4/3 sensor for Olympus?

Looks like I'm the only one hoping, on this forum anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha1 View Post
      No, someone else was posting about them a day before you did. http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37213
      Ross
      I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
      Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
      Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
      Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
      Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha1 View Post
        Well I am quite interested though I really do not need the temptation of an expensive upgrade for my E-M1. I already have the forthcoming 300mm F4 on my wish list not to mention my longstanding expensive Leica habit!
        Archie

Comment

Thank you Ross for indicating that one. I usually only look at the E-M1 section and the photo section, which is why I missed it!

No one has commented on the use of the return of the Sony sensor to Olympus though. I like the smooth colour palette often obtained with the Sony sensor and engine. Any focusing improvements over v3.0 would be very welcome as an extra bonus.

If it wasn't old age and the necessity to down size to more manageable bulk and weight, I would probably still be shooting Sony!

Comment

Originally posted by ayewing View Post
            Well I am quite interested though I really do not need the temptation of an expensive upgrade for my E-M1. I already have the forthcoming 300mm F4 on my wish list not to mention my longstanding expensive Leica habit!
            Interesting indeed, however my recently acquired em5 MKII is all "I" want and need, and I love it's handling and retro look. Like you the forthcoming 300mm will be of more interest to me, also like you I have a rather longstanding and expensive 'Leica Habit', so much so that I have today pre-ordered the new limited edition '1959 barrel' 50mm F1.4 Asph

Kind regards, Simon
            “Sharpness is a bourgeois concept”
            ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
            X