Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

OM-D EM-1 Shutter actuations ? How many ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OM-D EM-1 Shutter actuations ? How many ?

Does anyone know how to get this info ?

and how many S-A have you clocked up ?

and how long have you had your ONE ?
    [I].
    I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
    Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Re: OM-D EM-1 Shutter actuations ? How many ?

Ooo ooo I do I do See:

http://www.biofos.com/cornucop/hidden.html

near the bottom

Comment

I've no idea how to check Chevvy, even after reading that "interesting (its all code to me ) biofos article.

I do know I have taken over 50k shots with both my EM-5 and EM-1 (its a bit worrying how many more shots I seem to be pumping through the 1 than I di the 5)

still, from memory the 1 shutter is supposed to be good for in excess of 100k shots (so that give me at least another year )

Comment

Here's the meat and potatoes of it:

PROCEDURE:
        I'm pleased to tell you it is now possible to access the hidden codes in the Olympus E-5, E-P1, E-P2 and E-PL1 and E-PL2), as well as XZ-1 and probably other compacts too, by following this simple procedure:
        1. With a charged battery installed hold down the MENU button while switching on the camera.
        2. When the LCD lights release the MENU button and immediately press it again, once.
        3. In the menu go to SPANNER (line 5) and press RIGHT.
        4. Press DOWN until you are at the LCD brightness screen (line 3).
        5. Enter the brightness screen (shows twin adjusters) by pressing RIGHT and then press INFO and OK sequentially.
        6. You will see on the LCD 'OLYMPUS' followed by the designation of your camera (eg E-P1).
        7. Press in sequence UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, SHUTTER and UP for screen 1.
        8. You are now in the hidden information screens: RIGHT = screen 2, DOWN = screen 3, LEFT = screen 4.
        9. When you have your information simply switch off the camera.

Page 2 "R" is the actuations

Took me a couple of times to get there but I got it in the end

Comment

Cheers Val

1. arrived via SRS end Sept 2013
          R = Shutter actuations 18,227
          U = Filter 1,459
          B+used IBIS 14,725

2. spare is 12,227

I thought about 30,000 total so close (I peeked to see how many frames in my ONE folders so the rest are deleted
          [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Don't think I have taken that many pictures in my entire life...dad got me a camera when I was 5 or 6!

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
              Cheers Val

1. arrived via SRS end Sept 2013
              R = Shutter actuations 18,227
              U = Filter 1,459
              B+used IBIS 14,725

2. spare is 12,227

I thought about 30,000 total so close (I peeked to see how many frames in my ONE folders so the rest are deleted
              I'm guessing Olympus didn't change out the shutters then when you sent them back.

Comment

Originally posted by brian1208 View Post
                I've no idea how to check Chevvy, even after reading that "interesting (its all code to me ) biofos article.

I do know I have taken over 50k shots with both my EM-5 and EM-1 (its a bit worrying how many more shots I seem to be pumping through the 1 than I di the 5)

still, from memory the 1 shutter is supposed to be good for in excess of 100k shots (so that give me at least another year )
                If you scroll on down to the E- series and OM-D EM-1 its easy and works

re shutter for 100k - within the 2y 6m period - it has been a bit "scary" that many E-5's supposed to be good for 150k and yet, many have sent their E-5 off at 6k ; or 11k and 15k and had to pay for the repair

I guess its like the car - N years or nnn k miles ! There has to be an "end" to a warranty period.

... AND after all, I find Olympus Service second to none and to have a refurb on your camera for the fees they charge
                [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Who knows, by the time it fails they may have an EM-2 out, which I may just have to buy as replacement

Comment

Who knows, by the time it fails they may have an EM-2 out, which I may just have to buy as replacement
                    EM-3 as not even numbers
                    [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

I have just checked mine. A mere 4648 actuations. I will soon be able to remove the 'running in' notice from the lcd display.

Ron

Comment

now convert the shots to what it would have cost if digital did not exist and you were shooting 35mm or 2.25 or 10by8 glass negatives in the same numbers.

The storage costs would have been quite high as well.
                        This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by DerekW View Post
                          now convert the shots to what it would have cost if digital did not exist and you were shooting 35mm or 2.25 or 10by8 glass negatives in the same numbers.

The storage costs would have been quite high as well.

As I explain to Pam, the more shots I take using Digital the more money I save

Comment

As I explain to Pam, the more shots I take using Digital the more money I save
                            I must try that line next time eyebrows are raised when a new piece of photographic gear arrives.
                            Archie

Comment

Derek, If I worried about the cost and worked out per frame - I would go nuts especially as I would have to take into account the 2nd ONE and all the new lenses and chips and batteries ... polarizing filters ... etc.,

My motorbikes get well used, my first, a Triumph 900 I went to trade in 16 months old with 17,000+ miles and was offered next to nothing for it ... I had no idea that average mileage for a year was 2,000 - BUT I loved every mile !

I USE my cameras ; horses & tack and motorbikes Potters wheels etc., just bought our new home and new bathroom and kitchen and windsurfing board and power kite rig ; and lessons for Autumn/winter YES ! living is the way to go

IF I have to buy another ONE in 2015 so be it or two its worth every penny

After all, who wants to be the richest body in the graveyard ? with all that hardly used kit at home ? disposed to "house clearance" ??? Use it or lose it is my motto
                              [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Working...
                              X