40-150mm f/2.8 lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40-150mm f/2.8 lens

Any new news on this? I've not heard anything since the intial announcement and a few early prototype pictures of it. I'm thinking of/planning on getting one and would like to know when my bank has to take the hit...

Thanks, Steve.
    Steve

Re: 40-150mm f/2.8 lens

Last time spoke with Chris at Olympus he just confirmed later in the year? With the 7-14 & 300 next year so nothing new. Would be good to have a price hint.
    Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

I too am keen to know more but cannot wait forever without some further news as the 35-100 Panasonic may be too tempting...
      Both the 40-150 and the 7-14 could be on my list if they are going to come fairly soon -
      Some idea of price would be good too !

Comment

At the latest show LCE event in Soton that I went to recently, the Oly man indicated that he expected the 40 - 150mm to be about a grand ish but he had no real information only an expectation.
        This space for rent

Comment

Sounds about right to me. Expensive, but as long as it is good then that's about par for the spec.

Oh dear.

John

Comment

I heard from a Olympus guy at the Gadget Show that the lens would be released around about Christmas and cost about £1K.

Comment

My brother won a competition recently, the prize is to photograph an event...he may well be trialling the 40-15- F2.8 in November ..( alas not in this country).. If he is lucky enough to do this I will share any comments...

Comment

Working...
              X