E-M1 Lockup Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-M1 Lockup Survey

It may be interesting to find out how widespread the lockup issue with the E-M1 camera is, and how serious.

So, could owners of this camera please indicate if they have experienced no lockups since purchase, 1-5 lockups, 6-10 lockups, and more than 10 lockups.
    None
    53.85%
    1-5
    36.92%
    6-10
    3.08%
    More than 10
    6.15%

The poll is expired.

Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Re: E-M1 Lockup Survey

Cast my vote. As stated before I've had no lock-ups with my E-M1 but feel it will happen one day. My E-M5 had locked-up in the described way once or twice in nearly 2 years.
    All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Comment

None so far but I've only amassed approximately nine hundred shots (if in fact it's shot or time related).
      Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
      Capture One Pro
      My flickr

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL
        See my response to your earlier post re this suggestion.
        A bit blunt but I've deleted the offending suggestion.
        I've entered a no lock up vote in the poll.
        See some of my pictures at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tagbartok/

https://picasaweb.google.com/tagbartok/

This is to remind myself that I'm sitting indoors instead of out there taking photos!

Comment

No problems with mine either.

Regards. Barr1e
          Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

I had 3 or 4 lock-ups very shortly after getting the E-M1 which I associated with having just changed lenses either to my 40-150 (which has a slightly worn plastic bayonet) or my Zuiko 50mm f2 macro on a Panny adapter (which had tarnished electrical connectors).

Since then I've been very careful to lock lenses home in the bayonet, and I have cleaned the contacts carefully on all my lenses & adapters, and I've had no more episodes in over 2000 frames. The firmware was updated as well.

I also had a couple of lockups with an E-M5 body with the 50mm/Panny adapter before cleaning it.

Fingers remain crossed...
            Regards,
            Mark

------------------------------
            http://www.microcontrast.com
            Too much Oly gear.
            Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
            Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Only had one, while I was reviewing files - no lens attached!

David
              PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

I've had a dozen, 10 with an image in the evf, and one grey screen lockup and one black screen lockup.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122278067@N06/

Comment

significantly more than 10, but that may be because I have shot more than 20k frames, with the original and replacement - (I use the camera most days)

I guess statistically, the more you shoot the more chance of it occurring

Comment

More than 10 for me. In fact, possibly more than 10 yesterday alone

John

Comment

I would timidly suggest that any number "more than 10" falls into the serious category. Fewer than that, unless of course it's in the first week or so of ownership, is just a glitch or embuggerance.

I would further suggest, and this is just my thinking, that any UK owner experiencing problems would seek solace and support in a forum, and this is the foremost Olympus E-System forum in the UK. It's human nature to shout loudly if you have problems and remain quiet if you're happy. And that's not trying to trivialise such very real and serious problems.

But my idea for this poll was to try to put the faults into some sort of context, one way or another.
                      Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

I have voted. I have had more than 10 lockups and have shot more than 7,000 frames. The other issue I feel is relevant is the type of photography you are taking. I take a significant number of action shots and reading others experiences it seems to me that it is this type of photography that is having the greater proportion of lockups.
                        John

OM-D E-M1, 12-40 f2.8 Pro, Tamron 14-150mm f5.8, E5, E3, Zuiko 50-200mm SWD, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD, Zuiko ED 70-300mm f5.6, 50mmf2, Zuiko ED 9-18mm f5.6, Sigma 50-500mm f6.3, EC14, EC20, RM-1, VA-1

Comment

Originally posted by birdboy View Post
                          I have voted. I have had more than 10 lockups and have shot more than 7,000 frames. The other issue I feel is relevant is the type of photography you are taking. I take a significant number of action shots and reading others experiences it seems to me that it is this type of photography that is having the greater proportion of lockups.
                          Anecdotally I wouldn't disagree.
                          Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

I've had more lockups while shooting action than other stuff, but I suspect that is simply because I shot a lot more of it than anything else. I also had a batch shooting happy snaps while wandering around Porto with friends.

Ciao ... John

Comment

I dont recall any on the EM 1 but had a number on the EM 5, but switching off & back on fixed it. Didn't really consider it much of a problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X