X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: E-M1 Lockup Survey

Originally posted by brian1208 View Post
    I guess statistically, the more you shoot the more chance of it occurring
    I'm one of the lucky ones who hasn't had a lock up (yet ) and my count is now over 12k.

Andy
    Andy
    bengeo.com

Comment

Had just 2 so far after an HDR1 exposures with a 4/3 lens using live view, Image displayed on lcd after shot and froze the camera, no response to button presses, switched off camera lcd reverted to live view before shutting down, turned back on all seemed normal took another shot, same settings and it did it again, turned off and on and been ok since, not a big problem at the moment
      Cliff, my Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/cliffscrivens/

Comment

Cast my vote. No locks ups in three months.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter_Hartland View Post
          I dont recall any on the EM 1 but had a number on the EM 5, but switching off & back on fixed it. Didn't really consider it much of a problem.
          If i could just switch the em1 off and on again i'd feel much better about it. Unfortunately i have to remove the battery holder, then the camera battery, and then replace the two, followed by correcting the lost settings. I had a kingfisher sat on a post a few weeks ago, just sat there watching me for a whole minute or two while i performed said operations, then flew off before i could shoot it. I nearly threw the camera in the river.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122278067@N06/

Comment

None so far, but I have only taken just under 1000 frames.

I can't help feeling that I'm pushing my luck responding to this poll!

Comment

6000 shots +/- by now. Until 5500 shots no lock-ups, in the later 500 i got 6 lock-ups, but only when using my recently aquired second card, exactly alike the first one. So, no lock-ups in 4 months, 6 lock-ups in one week only when using the second card. The second card has already been sent for replacement. Both cards are Sandisk 16GB 95mb/s class 10.

Comment

Originally posted by xmn View Post
                6000 shots +/- by now. Until 5500 shots no lock-ups, in the later 500 i got 6 lock-ups, but only when using my recently aquired second card, exactly alike the first one. So, no lock-ups in 4 months, 6 lock-ups in one week only when using the second card. The second card has already been sent for replacement. Both cards are Sandisk 16GB 95mb/s class 10.
                That's interesting. Are you saying that reverting to the first card has stopped the lock-ups? I presume you bought the new card from a reputable source, as there are fakes around?
                Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by xmn View Post
                  xmn - as far as you are able to remember, were your lockups with the second card all while the camera was writing or reading it? For sure some cards are duff, even if genuine, and they can cause all sorts of problems while in use, but there have been plenty of other instances of lockups here when there has been no card activity. It would be interesting to know whether any of yours were of this type.

Ciao ... John

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                    That's interesting. Are you saying that reverting to the first card has stopped the lock-ups? I presume you bought the new card from a reputable source, as there are fakes around?
                    Since 8 days i alternate both cards and have lock-ups only on the second one, both bought in the same place, a very reputable source in my country.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikie John View Post
                      xmn - as far as you are able to remember, were your lockups with the second card all while the camera was writing or reading it? For sure some cards are duff, even if genuine, and they can cause all sorts of problems while in use, but there have been plenty of other instances of lockups here when there has been no card activity. It would be interesting to know whether any of yours were of this type.

Ciao ... John
                      Only one was while writing, it kept writing (one photo) forever, then it gave me a 'card error' message. The others were while reading, reviewing photos and videos. Sometimes gave me 'card error' messages, at other times had to take the battery out. On one video review it blocked on the image and sound making it sound like a loud broken record.
                      Im aware that are plenty cases of lock-ups, and that's what i find strange with my case where the easy and logical answer is the faulty card (the camera it self gives that message) i sure hope that the card is the one to blame...

Comment

Sounds like all yours could be put down to the card. I hope it stays that way now you have replaced it

John

Comment

Had my first lock up today - solved by removing battery.
                          Should I worry?

Comment

not unless it becomes a problem, then I suggest the answer is to get in touch with Olympus support and get it exchanged

Comment

Originally posted by Grimbleweed View Post
                              Had my first lock up today - solved by removing battery.
                              Should I worry?
                              No. Like me, your second one may not happen.
                              Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

I've had two lockups (one just happened yesterday) and both were shooting in C-AF in burst mode (L mode) and only came to life by removing and reinserting the battery.

Comment

Working...
                                X