Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom white balance on the EM1

Hi,
    does anyone have experience of setting the custom white balance on the EM1 and using a grey card?
    Any instructions would be helpful!

Thanks
    Sisi
    Sisi Burn
    Photography for musicians.
    www.sisiburn.com

Re: custom white balance on the EM1

Originally posted by Sisi View Post
    Hi,
    does anyone have experience of setting the custom white balance on the EM1 and using a grey card?
    Any instructions would be helpful!

Thanks
    Sisi
    Select White Balance

Select the one-touch white balance settings (there are two available, icon looks like a two triangles touching in the middle with a circle sat on top with number 1 or 2 to the right-hand side.

Frame a piece of white paper or gray card so it fills frame under the lighting you want

Press the info button

Point camera at paper and press shutter button

If happy with image select yes and press ok

White balance is saved as white balance one or two and remains until the sequence is redone as above.

Point of note is that you will need to use the Olympus Viewer software as Adobe Lightroom or Camera Raw do not use custom white balance settings.

Comment

TBH I find it a lot easier to just use my Colorchecker Passport & then set the wb in LR to that. I didn't know that LR couldn't use the custom WB as it has worked OK for me I thought.

Comment

or just include a neutral gray card at the edge of the image frame - cheaper than a Colorchecker Passport.
        This space for rent

Comment

Working...
        X