Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Shutter speed stuck in Manual Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutter speed stuck in Manual Mode

Well DHL are being sent to pick my E-M1........

Go to take a series of flash pictures today using a wireless trigger and I cannot change shutter speed in manual mode. Tried flipping dials being used, power off, remove battery, remove flash trigger all with no joy.

Thankfully a call to a service plus "expert" has resulted in camera being picked up tomorrow by DHL .....

Gary

Re: Shutter speed stuck in Manual Mode

sorted. Switch Bracketing off........

Comment

Glad you got is sorted out Gary. I suppose a reset to your normal saved settings might have 'cured' the problem. Hindsight is a wonderful thing ...

What sort of bracketing was it?

Ron

Comment

In Manual mode, Camera2, Bracketing set to on.

Must admit I was surprised Olympus did not ask me to do a reset. When I rang back to cancel order I spoke to Chris and he recognised the situation.

Comment

Great to hear you sorted it and that it did not require a return!

I guess there are still quite a few operational funnies yet to be discovered, one of the prices we pay for a top of the range camera with endless capability.
          Ian from the Cotswolds
          http://571photography.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I think we have all found on occasion that the camera seems to have a mind of its own. As others have suggested I have set up a Myset with my standard settings linked to a button so that I can return to a known setup quickly.
            Archie

Comment

Working...
            X