No announcement yet.

12-40 manual focus back on the cards...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-40 manual focus back on the cards...

Having been taking a few pictures with the 12-40 but have rediscovered manual focus.... I suddenly realised how little I was using it with the EM5 and how much I enjoy focusing without having to use buttons to make it can option!

Re: 12-40 manual focus back on the cards...

It's a good option. I have the 12mm and 17mm (1.8) which also have this option.

As an aside, I have the function lever set to option 5, which instantly switches any lens to manual.
    Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
      It's a good option. I have the 12mm and 17mm (1.8) which also have this option.

As an aside, I have the function lever set to option 5, which instantly switches any lens to manual.
      I am obviously old fashioned in liking the way the focus ring feels too...the previous lenses over the last few years never quite felt the same in focussing manually...

Comment

Originally posted by jamsa View Post
        I am obviously old fashioned in liking the way the focus ring feels too...the previous lenses over the last few years never quite felt the same in focussing manually...
        You might be old-fashioned, but I completely agree with you. Focus-by-wire just isn't as good as a direct connection.
        Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Working...
        X