Message from Olympus UK re E-M1 supply issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Message from Olympus UK re E-M1 supply issues

I paid on September 30th, ordered on 14th. No invoices in the mail (body only order). The Finnish sales rep has a note to get in touch and send or phone me a tracking number for the delivery, so I can be at home to receive it when it comes (or redirect it to our office).

Maybe I'll get lucky and there will be aurora borealis after mine comes...the live view bulb mode should be fantastic for that. We apparently had some auroras here last night (late at night).

Comment

Originally posted by quickben View Post
      Wex just emailed that body plus 12-40 kit delivered. Courier tomorrow hopefully and with me on plane to Cape Town on Saturday
      Me too! Then they called me and took payment for the kit. I have the tracking number and should receive my camera and lens tomorrow so I will be taking two charged batteries with me to work.
      ;-)
      Steve Ashton

OM-D E-M1 (Mk II), OM-D E-M1 (MK I)
      25mm f1.2 PRO, 7-14mm f2.8 PRO, 12-40mm f2.8 PRO, 12-100 f4 PRO, 40-150mm f2.8 PRO, 300mm f4 PRO, MC-1.4 PRO, 45mm f1.8, 75mm f1.8

Comment

E-m1 has departed Heathrow, but where is it going now? To my house or another more local sorting office to be dispatch on Monday (to an empty house)? This is a right bugger as I'm only around the corner from Heathrow today as well. I hate it when companies dispatch items late/not as planned as I could have changed the delivery address or delivery type eg to next day am.

Oh well just guess I'll have to keep waiting and see what happens. At least I now have a tracking number so I can up and say don't send it back I'll pick it up on my return from Holliday.

Simon

Comment

I hate it more like yesterday when a courier drives off after logging no answer at home when I was sitting by the door at the time they log it on their terminal....(it's not the em1).
          Down to a driver in a rush who can't be bothered delivering my parcel grrrrr

Comment

I notice the Amazon prices are very keen.... So do I now ask ffordes to match the price? Or cancel and refund order with Amazon and save over £250!

Comment

• See some of my pictures at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tagbartok/

https://picasaweb.google.com/tagbartok/

This is to remind myself that I'm sitting indoors instead of out there taking photos!

Comment

Originally posted by jamsa View Post
                I hate it more like yesterday when a courier drives off after logging no answer at home when I was sitting by the door at the time they log it on their terminal....(it's not the em1).
                Down to a driver in a rush who can't be bothered delivering my parcel grrrrr
                It has happened to me today - WEX were brilliant last night - phoned them up and because order was over 4 weeks ago they only took payment then and organised the 24 hour delivery for today, which is great as off to Cape Town tomorrow.

I am only back home at lunchtime so partner is at home today to make sure courier can deliver - I check the tracking and it says they tried to deliver at 9:05 - and she was in front room, light was on etc etc. Lazy bugger just put a card through rather than bang on the door. Luckily it has been left at local post office so I can collect it this afternoon but Parcelforce are just so much rubbish. Will post later after I unpack the kit and stop drooling like a loon.

Comment

Well just got email for DHL saying parcel sent to incorrect facility, sent to correct destination whatever that means!

Tracking a parcel is useful if it actually tells you something you can understand.

Simon

Comment

I've just tried to contact the Olympus shop for an update on the 00800 65967873 number but there is a fault on the line

Steve
                    See some of my pictures at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tagbartok/

https://picasaweb.google.com/tagbartok/

This is to remind myself that I'm sitting indoors instead of out there taking photos!

Comment

Originally posted by paullus View Post
                      I've just tried to contact the Olympus shop for an update on the 00800 65967873 number but there is a fault on the line

Steve
                      I called them this morning but couldn't get anything better than "it should be with you by 15th November".

Comment

Originally posted by glynnbach View Post
                        I called them this morning but couldn't get anything better than "it should be with you by 15th November".
                        is that for the 12-40?

My images on flickr

Comment

It was for body only.

Comment

Originally posted by glynnbach View Post
                            It was for body only.

hang on let me check my calendar,
                            nope its not April 1st!

so let's hope it is a case of 'managing expectation'

I wish that once in a while I would let my head take charge of the decision making process!
                            My images on flickr

Comment

Well having seen the post from Glenn S (many thanks) I ordered the 12-40mm kit from Amazon (Not the 'EC Crescent' site) last night and paid £1693.84 inc. postage for estimated delivery on 4 November. Fingers crossed, I hope it arrives on that date. On the negative side I see the price on Amazon is back up to the normal price again.

Comment

A second wave if frustrated customers....... ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X