Delivery dates...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Delivery dates...

Meanwhile the first user images are appearing on US 4/3rds forums by new owners!
    http://www.getdpi.com/forum/4-3rds-c...mpus-e-m1.html

Comment

Been speaking to my fixer !! - outside chance I may have one in my hands fairly early

Comment

Originally posted by Anne View Post
        An update from SRS is even better

I was in there this afternoon and they said they were expecting a delivery tomorrow and them some more next week. That's the good news

Bad news is that they have loads of pre-orders so they they are expecting a few weeks before they get through their list....in order

So who pre-ordered their's first?!
        Well even though I have asked SRS not to ship mine if it cannot be delivered before the 9th, I might still stand a small chance of getting it before I go - I ordered it the very moment it appeared on the SRS website. So I may be lucky - one can hope, but on the other hand my dear wife won't be pleased if I spend the whole of our holiday playing with a new camera!

David
        PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

I only ordered the day you were there, Anne, which was the 14th Sept. So I think I'll be a bit down their list.
          Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

I was in there this afternoon
            So, err, what were you buying, Anne?
            Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

But maybe the majority of orders came after us Stephen! Got to stay positive!

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                So, err, what were you buying, Anne?
                A couple of secondhand polarising filters for when I go on this landscape workshop.

.....and I might have ordered something else

Comment

A couple of secondhand polarising filters for when I go on this landscape workshop.

.....and I might have ordered something else
                  Landscape workshop? Who is organising it? I've been looking around for something for a while now, but am having difficulty finding something which suits.
                  Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                    Landscape workshop? Who is organising it? I've been looking around for something for a while now, but am having difficulty finding something which suits.
                    I am going with Tatra Photography. I went with them to Iceland and it was a really good trip...apart from not seeing the Northern Lights! The places we stayed in were really good, clean, spacious, good food and the owner went all out to get us to places where we might see the lights or photograph the sights as the weather was against us; he had to change the schedule most days. His has a 'pro' on all trips, prices are all inclusive apart from drinks and on this trip, lunch and generally he doesn't charge a single supplement.

I am also going on their safari to Kenya next year. I did look at other companies but on comparison, they work out a lot more expensive although that's not to say I wouldn't try someone else.

A friend went on a bear & wolves workshop to the Bavarian mountains and came back with some amazing photographs....as good as I have seen in wildlife magazines/books etc. She also was happy with the company and trip.

The only criticism we both had if you can call it that, is that the owner can sometimes be slow to respond to emails but I can live with that. I think it is because he oversees most of his trips so is always away! So personally I would recommend them 100%.

I will let you know how this trip goes if you are interested.

Comment

I will let you know how this trip goes if you are interested.
                      Yes, very interested, thanks!
                      Stephen

My Flickr site

Comment

It would be good to have another Olympus user go on one of his trips

Last time I think there were 6 of the group shooting with Nikon D800's! The others were FF Canikon apart from two of us.

Comment

I've just received an email from SRS saying my EM-1 has shipped

I'm just about to go away for the weekend, and there may not be anyone at home for quite a bit of tomorrow
                          Regards,
                          Mark

------------------------------
                          http://www.microcontrast.com
                          Too much Oly gear.
                          Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
                          Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Originally posted by drmarkf View Post
                            I've just received an email from SRS saying my EM-1 has shipped

I'm just about to go away for the weekend, and there may not be anyone at home for quite a bit of tomorrow
                            Same for me, I hope it arrives before 1pm. I'm also going away for a week next Wednesday so there is a very small window when I'll be available to sign.

David
                            PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

Yep me too. It says 24hr delivery and the email was sent at 12:45 today so I've got my fingers crossed. I'm lucky someone should be in too. I might just have to leave work early
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by jamsa View Post
                                Wonder who will be first to be able to say they have the E-M1 in their hands?....ie be good to know when deliveries start to arrive...
                                Had to get in early, just 1 quick pic from the OM-D EM1 , not going to get much work done today .
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X